How can I quickly find a blog's ID number?

I am looking for an easy way to copy a blog to give to a leaving student. Currently, we use the Site Sucker app to suck the blog off the web into a local folder, but are exploring other options. Export and import to another WP site is problematic due to us being based in China.

One way we thought of was to copy the blog directory in it's entirety, but we can't find the blog id to know which one to copy. How can we quickly find the ID of a blog in our Multi Site? Is there another way you'd recommend to get the blog to students that works with our situation?

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @WAB, hope you're well today!

You can check the blog ID by going to Sites >> All Sites and hover on one of your blogs, you can check the blog ID in the link http://screencast.com/t/Xsq3QTyfa5dn.

Maybe you can provide additional information on what exactly you are trying to copy and provide to your students so we can possible find some solutions for you :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• WAB
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks. That was easy!

We are looking to give students their blogs in a local folder (USB or CD) to take with them when they leave the school.

We want them to take all their text, photo and embedded video posts with them.

Currently, Site Sucker allows us to suck the site from the web and take all these things with it. We are just looking for an easier way to do it. Any suggestions are most welcome!

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hello WAB,

Hope you're well!

Unfortunately, the only way to get what you need is use the wordpress export tool. Most of the backups plugin is meant for whole multisite install and not just for selected subsite.

I think your best bet for now is the one you are using. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Calvin

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hey there WAB,

Hope you're well!

My co-worker @Tyler Postle told me about our plugin Snapshot being able to backup specific subsite then you just need to restore it using the same plugin.

To backup a specific sub-site:

Navigate to Dashboard >> Snapshots >> Add New >> Click the Change button then select the subsite you want to transfer / migrate. Reference: http://prntscr.com/5dq4xr

Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Calvin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.