How can I recover super-administrator access?

I was installing I-themes security plug-in and I might have made a dumb choice in one of the options or something but once all was done - I had no super-admin access. Right now site is very new and I am only user. Should I just start over again? or can I recover super-admin access?

Kevin

Jack - thanks for your very speedy response.

Q1- Not a clue - sorry. It might not have even been an option but something that happened as I logged out. There were a number of points at which I was not feeling familiar and just guessed. One was probably wrong.

One of the things I did during instal was to change my admin name - which was probably unnecessary. I also changed the number of login attempts permitted. Finally - I added to the mess by being confused when I tried to log back in thinking that my problem was a wrong password. So I tried changing the password. The result: a right mess.

Q2 - when using URL http://www.snapanddazzle.com/wp-admin/network the error message is "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page".

Not sure what a direct data base way is but I was prepared to try to access the db through my php admin on CPanel at hostmonster.com. I had a set of instructions but now I cannot find them.

I am sure I sound scatterbrained and I will not deny that this is not my area of strength. In addition I have other things that are also demanding my attention so it is difficult to put a concentrated effort.

If I do start over I would really like to know if I should go back to a single site installation. My goal was to create a site with 3 or 4 "faces" to the world. Actually several landing pages plus up to 4 websites with single user data base and same login for each. If you have an opinion on that I would appreciate it.

Please and thank-you.
    Kevin

Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Kevin,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay on this.

If I do start over I would really like to know if I should go back to a single site installation. My goal was to create a site with 3 or 4 "faces" to the world. Actually several landing pages plus up to 4 websites with single user data base and same login for each. If you have an opinion on that I would appreciate it.

I believe in this case a multisite would be the better option, otherwise you'd be needing four separate single site installations.

If you could send me FTP, your Admin logins and cPanel details to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing, I'd be happy to take a look at this for you

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.