How can I resize Posted Video's in Spirit?

Is there a way to resize the default video size of YouTube videos in Script? When I look at the single post page for a video it is far too small but I cannot seem to resize it anywhere. These are posts that are already on the site prior to switching to Script so I don't really want to have to add them all from within Upfront. Thanks in advance.

Adam Czajczyk

Hey @coremedia,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There are several ways to resize these videos, however it depends on how they've been added. In each case you'll want to deal with your site's back-end as this is not a matter of simple "drag-n-resize".

1. If the videos were added with WP [embed] you can simply add width and height parameters to the shortcode like this (for each video):

[embed width="123" height="456"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ[/embed]

2. For [embed] you can also resize all videos at once using WP filter, this will however affect all embeded content and not only YT videos:

add_filter( 'embed_defaults', 'bigger_embed_size' );

function bigger_embed_size()
    {
      return array( 'width' => 600, 'height' => 430 );
    }

3. If the videos were added simply by pasting a YT URL inside the post, the same methods should work

4. If these videos were added in an "old fashioned" way (with an iframe), you'll want to change "width" and "height" attributes of each iframe embed separately by editing each post.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Adam Czajczyk

Hey @coremedia,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There are several ways to resize these videos, however it depends on how they've been added. In each case you'll want to deal with your site's back-end as this is not a matter of simple "drag-n-resize".

1. If the videos were added with WP [embed] you can simply add width and height parameters to the shortcode like this (for each video):

[embed width="123" height="456"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ[/embed]

2. For [embed] you can also resize all videos at once using WP filter, this will however affect all embeded content and not only YT videos:

add_filter( 'embed_defaults', 'bigger_embed_size' );

function bigger_embed_size()
    {
      return array( 'width' => 600, 'height' => 430 );
    }

3. If the videos were added simply by pasting a YT URL inside the post, the same methods should work

4. If these videos were added in an "old fashioned" way (with an iframe), you'll want to change "width" and "height" attributes of each iframe embed separately by editing each post.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam