How can I sell and manage local advertising on my site?

Hello,

How can I sell and manage local advertising on my site?

I am not talking about Google Local, or about any kind of Google ads.

I'm talking about selling text and banner ads on site to members.

Thank you,

Chris

• anotheropus
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you Jack!

I'm already using a membership plugin (s2Member) for subscriptions and content access control.

So I'm hoping to wire up an ad manager that will defer to the s2Member payment processing for the ad management clients.

I really want to keep the experience seamless and consistent for the users.

Thank you for the insight and the links.

Chris

• anotheropus
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the help and guidance about on site ad management.

Just a follow up note--I'm migrating away from s2Member Pro after using it for three years. They closed the already slow customer support forum and rolled it into the even slower responsive community forum.

Unlike WPMU DEV, WooThemes and others s2Member only charged a one time fee for lifetime use of their plugin. So of course it isn't a sustainable business model.

I posted several times in their customer forum that I would gladly pay a monthly or annual fee for faster support. But that wasn't their plan.

I'm not posting this here to slam s2Member -- it really is a superb member access control plugin... especially if you get into the amazing advanced conditionals! But I'm going away from it and I will try to determine the best membership access management plugins site by site based on the site needs.

Of course I'll be looking at the WPMU DEV Membership plugin now...

Warmest,

Chris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.