How can I send an email to distribution company?

I've asked this question in community but no one answers there. I need to send an email to 2 places - sales for our records and distribution company. I have worked with distribution company and we have worked out the code for them after they receive the email. Aaron had said to put 2 emails in the settings which I tried. That field seems to be restricted by # of characters as it flows a quote mark in after a set amount of characters. Needless to say the distribution company doesn't receive.

sales@domain.com, mary@"distribution company

Please advise how I can change this in the code to accommodate 2 emails.

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @brandee,

Hope you're well today and thanks your question.

In MarketPress.php on line 6456 you'll find this

<th scope="row"><?php _e('Store Admin Email', 'mp'); ?></th>
            				<td>
    								<?php $store_email = $this->get_setting('store_email') ? $this->get_setting('store_email') : get_option("admin_email"); ?>
            				<span class="description"><?php _e('The email address that new order notifications are sent to and received from.', 'mp') ?></span><br />
                    <input type="text" name="mp[store_email]" value="<?php echo esc_attr($store_email); ?>" maxlength="150" size="50" />
                    </td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>

That is the code for the store email, You'll be looking at editing this part.

<input type="text" name="mp[store_email]" value="<?php echo esc_attr($store_email); ?>" maxlength="150" size="50" />

For the max length, though it doesn't seem like what your entering is more than the characters allowed?

It's worth noting any changes done would be overwritten on a plugin update.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• brandee

Hi Jack,
    Thanks for your reply. However, it doesn't work either. You are right too. There are only 40 characters between the 2 emails. It's doing the exact same thing. This is what I'm getting in emails with and without changing the numbers in the code.

<"sales@domainname.com, joebee"@fulfillmentco.com>

As you can see the surrounding quotes seem to indicate a definitive length but changing those numbers hasn't helped. Is there code somewhere else do you know needs to be changed? I've combed the code myself and didn't see anything.

Thanks!

• brandee

Hi Alexander,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm unclear what to do at this point as I've tried numerous options and about to switch to another plug-in. This one is proving to be extremely problematic to work with. I now have another problem with download orders which I'll post in another question.

As for this problem, the quotes don't show up in the settings. For all intents and purposes, it looks like it should work. However, if you have an order the second set of quotes shows up in the New order email generated cutting off the second email recipient. Therefore the 2nd recipient doesn't receive the email.

~Brandee

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.