How can I set course page's meta tags for social media platforms

Hello there!

I'm adding courses and they are appearing on front end. How can I set/change its meta tags?

Thanks,
Orhan

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Orhan, Michael here! :slight_smile:

In this case, we're going to have to rely on what the NextGEN Facebook (NGFB) Pro plugin is providing (as I see you've got that installed), though I can see where being able to set up the tags like this for courses inside of CoursePress Pro (e.g. a meta tags section within the course settings) would be handy.

Let me get this moved over to the Features & Feedback section, so that others here in the community can vote on this being considered for a future release of CoursePress Pro.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Orhan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

At this moment, NGFB doesn't provide to set any meta tag for any course created with CoursePress Pro. So, it is not possible to set those with NGFB.

Can you please tell me how can I handle this until you've finished that feature (if it voted to be added)?

Thanks,
    Orhan

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Orhan,

At this moment, NGFB doesn't provide to set any meta tag for any course created with CoursePress Pro.

To elaborate on what I said earlier:

In this case, we're going to have to rely on what the NextGEN Facebook (NGFB) Pro plugin is providing (as I see you've got that installed)

I meant to say that it was autogenerating tags, if you were to check out the page source, you'd see that things like like the og:description are being specified already. The screenshot I've attached below would show some of these tags, but there's more listed in the page source.

So there are tags being provided, at this time.

As for manually specifying them, however (which is what you're looking for), that's going to require some custom development. A starting place on that would be found here:

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/185522/change-meta-tags-programatically

But it would mean that you'd have to remove (or prevent from loading in the first place) the meta tags that are already being generated.

This would be something that I'd advise posting on our Jobs Board for, and having one of our Pros cook up for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

In the meantime, the feature request is open for all here, hopefully there'll be more votes here soon. I know I wouldn't mind being able to specify them from inside of CoursePress Pro. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Orhan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

As far as I can understand, you can allow NGFB to run with your course posts. Take a look the reply I received from NGFB author below:

"They're not using the WordPress methods to display their custom post type. Not much I can do about that... NGFB hooks the standard WordPress actions/filters to add the Social Settings metabox."

How we can increase the votes for this feature request? :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.