How can I set up Appointments+ for a mobile business?

I have a client who has a mobile lab business. They want to be able to show that each appointment is 30 minutes each on the front side and block 30 minutes for drive time. How would I set that up?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Carolyn, hope you're doing well today, and welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

First off, if you go to Appointments -> Settings, and click on the Add-ons tab, you'll see the "Durations" addon. Activate that, and then click on the General tab.

Close to the bottom of the "Time Settings" section, you'll see "Time slot calculus method". Set that to "Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)". That will allow you to be able to have the available times based on your time base, instead of the service time specified (that's important, will explain shortly).

As you're wanting to show 30 minute intervals on the appointment scheduler (while still keeping the service times set to their proper times), you'll have to set "Time base (minutes)" (located in the General tab as well) to 30.

Now, the reason we're doing all this is because we'll have to set the actual service duration to 60 minutes. We'll just be making it look like a 30 minute service by inserting this piece of PHP code into your site:

function modify_duration_text( $text, $duration ) {
    return ($duration -30) . ' minutes';
    }
    add_filter('app_confirmation_lasts', 'modify_duration_text', 10, 2);

(you can insert this into site as a mu-plugin, more on that here)

Once you've done all of this, you should be all set! :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.