How can I set up auto notification to a distribution company?

Hi,
I have a store setup that sells both digital downloads and physical CDs. I need to set up automatic notification for my fulfillment company. Do I need to set-up an IPN to handle this? If so, can anyone assist me with where the info is coming from or how to do this? I do not see anything in documentation about this.

Thanks!

• brandee
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sure. When someone orders a physical product, it goes to the distribution center to be fulfilled. The old site uses an ecommerce system with an IPN that captures the order and sends to the distribution center. I have to set something up the same way. I can use that IPN but I'm unclear about the internal directory structure of MarketPress to redirect those orders.

Thanks for your assistance.

• aristath
    • Recruit

@brandee I see!

I'm afraid that's a bit above my level of expertise... however I have notified the plugin developer about this, hopefully his insights and experience will help us figure this one out.

Please keep in mind though that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• brandee

Hi Ari,
    Thanks for passing along. I can't image no one else has asked this question though. How do others pass their shipping information for fulfillment I'm wondering? I'll keep working on an answer on my end. If I come up with something I'll post it here. Hopefully the developer will get back soon too!

Thanks!

• Aaron
    • CTO

This is highly dependent on how they need to receive that data, on which you were very sparing in details.

If they don't require you to use an API or something, then you could just change or add their email to the store settings so they get a copy on new orders.

Otherwise it's highly custom coding which you would probably need to hire a developer to do for you.

• brandee

Hi Aaron,
    Thank you for your response. I'm a little confused though by your answer. I thought I had explained it very well. I have physical products that go to a fulfillment company and I have download products. The fulfillment company doesn't "need" an API. They just need an email with the items to be fulfilled and shipping instructions. What they don't need is the download products.

I don't see where you can add another email in the settings to send physical products to. There are no real instructions on any of this.

I don't know why its "highly custom coding". I have an IPN file I can customize. I just don't know where the actual purchases coming from. Do I access them from their individual posts ids from the store? What files am I accessing for this information?

Any help would be appreciated as I have to launch soon. At this point, I really don't want to change to another ecommerce software.

Thanks!

• brandee

Thanks for the info. I've decided to use an Paypal IPN as before. I thought with this plug-in I wouldn't have to do that again. Sending all orders to the fulfillment company isn't going to work as they don't fulfill downloads.

• createco
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Beyond using marketpress for my own business and for my entertainment and corporate clients fulfillment programs, I am an expert with about 12years of CD/DVD Replication & Duplication, Packaging, and Fulfillment Experience. I may be able to help you figure this one out depending on your situation.

Let me know if you would like to talk.

Best,
    Brandon

• brandee

Hi Brandon,
    Thank you for your offer! I would like to speak to you about this. Sounds like you understand what I have to do. I need to filter out digital products and only send them the physical products to be fulfilled.

How can I reach you?

Best,
    Brandee

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.