How can I set up private message for making an offer

How can I set up private message in market press as making offers in mp. Is there a different way I can go about it. Pls advise .

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @jacques,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Private Messaging" plugin that you've assigned your post to do not integrate tightly with MarketPress. Currently, MarketPress doesn't support any "private offers" feature though I agree it would make a great feature.

However, I'm not quite sure if I'm following you right. What you're asking for would be a way to create offer as a product that would be "customized" per-user and then for example e-mailed to that user along with a custom "sales letter" or do you mean just a way to send direct e-mails to selected MarketPress customers?

Please advise. A simple case scenario would be of great help here!

Best regards,
    Adam

• jacques

I was trying to find a way to add a "make an offer option" just like eBay or any app out there that offers "make an offer"option. Marketpress doesn't do that and the only plugin that offers this option is ultimate auction plugin. It's not an ecommerce plugin but I am stuck deciding what I can use. I like marketpress cause it's a clean cut ecommerce but with the "make an offer" option it would be a killer plugin. Any advise on that matter?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @jacques,

Thanks for this explanation, that surely puts some light on the issue.

Currently, MarketPress doesn't support such feature. As this is purely an e-store plugin, I don't think there are any "auction-like" features planned but I agree an ability to make "e-bay style" offers would make a great addition.

That said, I'm moving this thread to our "Features & Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of our community will support the idea. The more members vote for it, the better is the chance it will be added in future.

As for other solutions. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any that would easily integrate with MarketPress or other e-commerce store plugins. The Ultimate Auction plugin that you mentioned would most likely work as you expect but still, it'd be a separate plugin.

Having said all that, I think that setup like this would require some custom coding. You may want to post a question then on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.