How can I setup a site where users can post upcoming events?

I want to setup a site where users can submit upcoming events that they are organizing, such as a party or a dance program etc. A user should be able to register and then from a front end form submit an event and it can show up in multiple places on the site (Front page, side bar, event specific pg etc.) depending on how much they pay. Then the event expires when it happens. I know you have the events plugin but the membership management can be done also?

• PC

Hey there Sid,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

You can use Events+ for upcoming events and frontend posting. It also supports the sidebar widgets but there is no direct integration with Membership plugin where you can define whose events will appear on what part of the page and with how much frequency !

It will need to be custom coded if you need that sort of functionality. You can also post a job requirement here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

The alternate way I can think of is a manual process where you can use WordPress Multisite and allow your users to create their own event sites where you can charge them to create a site on your network (using ProSites plugin)

Then you can use MarketPress plugin on your Main site to sell advertising slots (manually) where a user can buy advertisement on your main site and then you can show a link to their events site on your main site for extra money.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.