How Can I Sort The WordPress Buddypress Database?

I have a large membership site with thousands of topics, with each topic having dozens to hundreds of comments.

I would like to take these comments and put them in book form but I cannot figure out how to find these topic comments in the WordPress database.

I can find groups, topics, etc. but I cannot find the comments in the database.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JoAnn

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

JoAnn,

I’ve looked and looked, even gotten into my SQL and dug around, which is uncommon for me as I’m so frightened of screwing something up :slight_smile:

The closest thing I can find is the bp_groups_members table contains something labeled comments, but even that is specific to the user and only a number value

Hopefully someone else can help! Sorry!

Kimberly

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JoAnn and Kimberly,

I cannot be of direct help as is in the sense of telling you what table the comments are within, but assure you they are there.

To help ease the pain and assist dealing with tables in the database, I offer you to download in what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat.

@joann In the event you still cannot find them, I am happy to help by virtue of using Navicat and researching this myself but I will need database name, database user name, and database password to include being given remote MySQL access to my IP, then I could dig into it.

In this event, please send information to aecnu (at) incsub.com and I will in return send my IP so that you may go ahead and allow remote MySQL access from my IP.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JoAnn,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• JoAnn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks Joe,

I have had to put this project on the back burner for a while. When I get back to trying to sort the comments I will post another ticket to bring it up if I need it. Maybe in the meantime I’ll figure out how to do it. If I do I’ll post here how I did it.

Thanks again for the follow up.

JoAnn

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JoAnn,

Thank you for letting us know and we will be here to help to the best of our combined abilities and efforts.

If you do find a solution to this ticket, by all means we look forward to hearing about it as I am sure other members would too.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.