How can I speed up my dashboard? It's way too slow

It often will not even load. I have been having loads of trouble since going to 3.2.1. Any suggestions for speeding up the dashboard? It's not my cache....I am having loading problems only while dealing with my site, the dashboard, and my host.

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

No 1 cause: Plugins... and if it's recent, could be the plugins aren't compatible, etc...
    So Disable all plugins, plugins are a major cause for slow dashboards - because, a lot of functionality is in-fact whilst the admin is working behind the scenes.. Pretty sure disabling all plugins will make the dashboard prrr :wink:
    Now Reactivate the plugins one at a time to find the culprit and get rid of it, or find another way of doing what the plugin does.
    Exec-PHP plugin caused me such slow load times it drove me nuts. I've now completely done away with it.

That would be my recommendation...
    Hope that helps,
    Jonathan

Edit: Oh, debugging also works to find the issue...
    http://fuelyourcoding.com/simple-debugging-with-wordpress/

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Yeah, I've had a plugin or two (not plugins from here) slow my sites to a crawl in the past. Great info there Jonathan.

tutuology, is this perhaps related to your host? Your other thread seems to have been regarding server maintenance. Perhaps this is just a temporary maintenance issue?

Cheers,
    David

• tutuology
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks fellas! I did disable all plugins, backup , then update to v3.2.1. For the most part, all is ok, with the exception of buddypress breaking my site. From time to time, I have this problem and I've actually experienced it here on the forums as well (getting the maintenance msg). Any reported issues with buddypress and v 3.2.1?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.