How can I stop Membership from crashing site?

When the Membership plugin is activated, it crashes my site:

Here is the error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/davefagg/public_html/thinkyouthwork/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 702

I am just setting it up so I may be doing something wrong.

I have added a php.ini file to wp-includes AND the Membership plugin folder to try to increase the memory limit to 128MB, but this still doesn't work.

It definitely is memberships - I've deactivated everything else.

The other plugins I have active are:
- Advanced Excerpt
- Seedprod coming soon pro
- Mailchimp widget
- bbpress
- related posts thumbnail
- wpmu dev dashboard

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

As AstaLi suggested above, its related to the php memory on your site. Sometimes increasing it in wp-config.php is not helpful and you might need to contact your host regarding the same.

Can you please contact the host and ask them to increase the php memory on your site ?

Once they have done it, can you upload the attached file (after unzipping) to the root of your site so that we can test it out.

The link to the file should be yoursite.com/phpinfo.php.

Cheers, PC

• dfagg
    • New Recruit

OK guys, thanks for the help. My host can't increase php memory just for my site - would have to increase across their whole server or something.

Anyway, they recommended putting the php.ini file into wp-admin and the root folder of my site.

That seemed to work with Memberships activated

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting back :slight_smile:

Glad that the issue is resolved for now however I think its time you should start considering switching to a hosting which gives you more control over things as when your site grows, the problems might increase.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.