How can I swop over to the Everest Theme without causing so many problems on the site.

I have installed the EGO theme here and we would like swop to the Everest Theme now. However, there seems to be conflict with the demo content that comes with both as the same page names are used.
Please can someone assist with the best way to swop over.
Last time I tried it broke the website and has taken the whole week to revert back to what I had on the EGO theme.

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Jessica,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I took a look at both themes and there's a significant difference between them. While "Ego" is a one-page theme, the "Everest" is a classic "multi-page" theme. This means entirely different philosophy behind it. For one page themes all the content is gathered on just a one page: although its layout might be broken into separate templates, it's completely up to the particular theme how those templates are handled.

Standard themes are build different way. Having said that, I don't believe that would be possible to easily switch from one of these themes to another without having to re-setup at least menus and most likely making some changes to how the content is spread across the pages.

A good thing though is that I suppose that you don't have to install a demo content along with a new theme. However, both those themes are paid themes available on ThemeForrest and their developers are required by Envato (ThemeForrest's parent company) to give full support to its users! I think it would be best to just ask the developer, especially knowing that both theme's were created by the same developer (UDTHEMES).

If you have any other questions, please ask! I'll be happy to assist!

Regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.