how can I work with subsite created on my multisite

Hi, I created sub directory site for coursepress but each time I clicked it, it usually showed page not found as shown in the link:http://awesomescreenshot.com/08d455gk50

How can you help me solve this?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Barni,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Is it working fine for you if you deactivate the coursepress plugin or all plugins and using default WordPress theme Twenty Fifteen?

Was it working fine for you when you created it?

Could you please share me its URL?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Barni
    • The Bug Hunter

@Vinod Dalvi, thank you.

Is it working fine for you if you deactivate the coursepress plugin or all plugins and using default WordPress theme Twenty Fifteen?

Its the first sub site I created

Was it working fine for you when you created it?

No wasn't working fine

Could you please share me its URL?

http://thummimng.com

I have granted access.

Regards

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Barni,

Thank you for your reply and granting us support staff access.

I can see the problem is occurring on the sub site http://thummimng.com/cme-study/

The issue is occurring on your site even when the coursepress plugin is deactivated so the issue is not related with the coursepress plugin but with the mutisite sub-directory site that you have set up.

Due to some reason the CSS files are not getting loaded on the above site. I tried temporary deactivating Easy coming soon plugin but still the problem was occurring.

Make sure you have installed the multisite sub directory network correctly as described on the following page.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Multisite_Network_Administration#SubFolder_installs_and_Permalinks

Could you please share me the code from your wp-config.php and .htaccess files removing the sensitive information from it so that i can troubleshoot it?

Alternatively would you mind if i access your site using FTP and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )
    - Include FTP Details

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Barni
    • The Bug Hunter

@Vinod Dalvi, thank you. But i did sent you access to my site using wpmu contact details you gave and I would have sent the admin pass to u but you didn't include your email as email is required. I'm having issue with CoursePress not compatible with multisite. Phew!

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Barni,

Thank you for sending me the site details.

As said the in my following reply the issue is occurring on your site even when the coursepress plugin is deactivated so the issue is not related with the coursepress plugin but with the mutisite sub-directory site that you have set up.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-can-i-work-with-subsite-created-on-my-multisite#post-803916

I accessed your site using FTP and found you had wrong code in your .htaccess file as following which i changed to the correct one and the subsite is working fine now.

Before:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

After:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

Could you please check it and let me know how it works for you?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Barni
    • The Bug Hunter

@Vinod Dalvi, wow! Thank you very much and you just allayed my fears to install another instance of WP in the subfolder. The .htacess rewirite works and I don't know how it got tampered with.

New Issues:
    1. Now I can access the subsite for Coursepress Pro but I cannot see the default theme that ship with the intuitive course plugin displayed. How can I solve this?

Also you said:

In the multi site if you network activate the coursepress plugin then it gets activated on all sites in your multisite network and if you don't want to activate on all sites then you can activate it blog-by-blog

2. How can I activate coursepress on its subsite alone without seeing it on my mainsite or any other subsite?

Sincerely, your support (wpmu) brought down my pressured hormones...I can't say much.

Thank you very much.

Warm Regards

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Barni,

1. Now I can access the subsite for Coursepress Pro but I cannot see the default theme that ship with the intuitive course plugin displayed. How can I solve this?

You will find the theme in the following coursepress plugin directory which you have to copy in your wp-content/themes directory to use it.

coursepress/themes/coursepress

2. How can I activate coursepress on its subsite alone without seeing it on my mainsite or any other subsite?

Just make sure to deactivate the coursepress plugin from the plugins page in the network admin area, main site and any other sub sites.

Then activate it only on the subsite where you want to use from the plugins page on the following path.

Subsite Admin Area -> Plugins

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Barni
    • The Bug Hunter

@Vinod Dalvi, calming down now. So, how can I manage plugins and theme in such a way that what site A admin can see, Site B Admin will not be able to see and option to activate it?

Pressured hormones calming down now. Thank you very much in anticipation.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Barni, thanks a bunch for your patience here! :slight_smile:

So, how can I manage plugins and theme in such a way that what site A admin can see, Site B Admin will not be able to see and option to activate it?

In regards to plugins, you can try installing this plugin on your Multisite:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-plugin-manager/

And then inside the Network Dashboard, you'll want to go to:

Plugins -> Plugin Management

And make sure that the plugin you want to keep private is set to "None" in the "User Control" column. (Also, you'll want to make sure that it's not already network activated)

Once you've done that, you'd go off to:

Sites -> All Sites

And after clicking on the "Edit" link for Site A, you would then click the "Options" button for that site, scrolling down to the "Plugin Override Options" section on the bottom of the Options page. That's where you'd enable the plugin(s) desired for that specific site. :slight_smile:

As for themes, as long as your desired theme isn't network activated, you would once again go to the "Edit" page for Site A (as done for the plugins), but this time, you would click the "Themes" button. You'll be taken to a page where you can activate themes for that specific site. :slight_smile:

also, how can I place my custom logo in the courspress logo part?

In regards to this, you'd want to go to:

Appearance -> Customize

And then change your logo by clicking on the "Logo" dropdown on the left side of that page. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. If the original issue mentioned in the thread is resolved, please open a new thread for separate questions not directly related to the original issue, as it can make supporting you tricky. We'd like to offer you the best support possible, and keeping things organized helps with that. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.