How Can User Create & View Their Classified Ads & Small problem with Profile PAge

URL: http://www.muttmaps.com

I have installed and configured the Classified Plugin. I do not see a way for the user to create a Classified Ad from the Frontend. I only want users that are signed in/registered to be able create a Classified Ad. I would like users that are not signed in/registered to be able to view Classified Ads but not respond to them until they Register or login.

I have a Directory Plugin that requires users to be registered/logged in in order to do certain things - like Add Listings. Claim Listings, Favorite Listings, Review Listings. I think it user the Author page as its Dashboard.

I also require users to be logged in to comment on Blog Posts.

I located the Classified page (I understood this page to be to view classified ads created by all users) under SHOP> Mutt Maps Classified in the Menu Bar. Of course nothing shows as no classified have been created.

Also, I noticed that after installing the Classified Plugin that the are a "CC" in front of field names on the Profile Page under the Contact Section. I would like to correct this.

This is what I would like to do:

1. Correct (delete) the "CC" on the field names in the profile page
2. Have registered user be able to create a Classified Ad
3. Have registered users be able to respond to Classified Ads
4. Users to be able to view & edit their Classifieds
5. Users to be able to do #4 and #2 in the same place that they can view their listing from the Directory Plugin.

Any advise or help to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Thank you & Cheers
Stacey

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Stacey, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

1. Correct (delete) the "CC" on the field names in the profile page

One way to handle that would be by using the "Real-Time Find and Replace" plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/real-time-find-and-replace/

2. Have registered user be able to create a Classified Ad
    3. Have registered users be able to respond to Classified Ads
    4. Users to be able to view & edit their Classifieds

It looks like you've already got that set up, unless there's a part of this that's not working properly presently?

If so, could you elaborate on that please? :slight_smile:

5. Users to be able to do #4 and #2 in the same place that they can view their listing from the Directory Plugin.

You're talking about the dropdown menu that appears when you click the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the page, correct?

Would you be open to adding links to the appropriate pages to the third widget area in that header section?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Stacey

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your speedy reply.

I don't really want to add another plugin as you suggested in #1. I have many plugins and don't really want to add something that doesn't add functionality/features to the user, plus Geodirectory is a bit finicky. The "CC" that I mention seemed to be added by the Classified Plugin. Have you heard of this before??? Do you know what the "CC" stands for?? This is more of an annoyance than a crisis. :slight_smile:

#2-4 things might be set up on the backend but from the frontend (user perspective - subscriber role) I don't see how a Classified can be created. I suppose that once #2 is solved then #3 and #4 would fix themselves. To see what I mean you can you to the site and user the following sign into the front end.

UN: demouser
    PW: demouser

If you login the frontend with the above you can see how the dropdown menu works. Attached is what my dropdown looks likes - your will not have the "My Listings" dropdown box because demouser has not submitted any listings - just an FYI.

#5 Yes I would be open to this idea. And you are correct about the dropdown area. It would work as a nice starting solution & I would be very happy.

Do you think it is possible that as some point the users classified page, profile page & "dashboard" listing be consolidated so that the user has this info one area - like a My Account Type of thing. Maybe this should wait to a bit down the road I plan to add BuddyPress or a community plugin from WPMU

The other thing that I just notice that I did not mention before is the classified slug is /classifieds/ but the breadcrumb is Home > Archives. That does not make sense to me.

Sorry if I am asking dumb questions. I am a bit of a newbie but I am learning.

Thank you
    Stacey

PS I hope I added the attachment correctly

• Ash

Hello @Stacey

I hope you are well today.

#1: Try the following css:

#your-profile table:nth-child(7) tr:nth-child(3), #your-profile table:nth-child(7) tr:nth-child(4), #your-profile table:nth-child(7) tr:nth-child(5), #your-profile table:nth-child(7) tr:nth-child(6), #your-profile table:nth-child(7) tr:nth-child(7), #your-profile table:nth-child(7) tr:nth-child(8), #your-profile table:nth-child(7) tr:nth-child(9),#your-profile table:nth-child(7) tr:nth-child(10){
    display: none;
    }

#2-4: When I logged in using your demo user, I can see the add listing menu and the form, please check screenshot. Do you mean the form is not submitted?
    https://cloudup.com/cet8M-k0Q8Q

#5: That part of the page is any widget or something? You may try to put html link in there?

The other thing that I just notice that I did not mention before is the classified slug is /classifieds/ but the breadcrumb is Home > Archives. That does not make sense to me.

Are you using any plugin to show breadcrumb? Or is it integrated in the theme?

Cheers
    Ash

• Stacey

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for your message.

#1 I tried the CSS but it totally eliminates the following fields: email, first name, Last name, street, city, State, zip, country code.

I only want delete the "CC" that is in front of these field name - for some reason the classified plugin added this.

Any other ideas?

#2 - 4 Thanks for the screenshot. At that time I didn't have a link to "Add Classified" in the list. I know have that

#5 I put the html in a widget with links to My Classified and another to Add a Classified. Thank you for the idea!!

I guess the main thing that needs to be resolved is:
    The breakcrumbs are part of the theme and when I go to classifeds I get Home > Archives how can this be fixed? Shouldn't it be like Home > Classifieds ???

When this gets fixed I mark this as resolved.
    Thanks
    Stacey

• Ash

Hello @Stacey

I hope you are well today.

I only want delete the "CC" that is in front of these field name - for some reason the classified plugin added this.

Well, maybe I am confused then, as I am seeing CC in front of those fields using the subscriber account, screenshot attached. Would you please post two screenshots with and without my code?

For breadcrumb issue, please use the following code:

add_action( 'wp_head', 'classified_breadcrumb' );
    function classified_breadcrumb() {
    	if( is_post_type_archive( 'classifieds' ) ){
    	?>
    	<script type='text/javascript'>
    	jQuery(function($) {
    		$('.x-breadcrumbs').find('span.current').text('Classifieds');
    	});
    	</script>
    	<?php
    	}
    }

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.