How can we give limited access to a user in M2P?

Hey,

How can we give limited access to a WP user in M2P?

Just want them to see the level and if active but not much more and certainly no way to edit or delete etc?

:slight_smile:

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Greg

I hope you are doing well today!

Would you please elaborate and explain, by M2P, you mean the Membership 2 plugin?

and certainly no way to edit or delete etc?

If this is regarding Membership 2 Pro plugin, than the user capabilites to edit or delete posts/pages is depeneds from the user role.

Usually on the Membership 2 WordPress default capabilities are applied, except if you have the "Member Capabilities" add-on activated and "Advanced Capability protection" option inside. With this add-on activated you can edit each members capability for Protection Rules > Capabilities.

What user role the members on your site have?

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello there Greg

If I have understood you correctly, you wish to partially give access to the plugin's menu to WP users.

I have checked if the User Role Editor plugin could be a solution here, but I am afraid it will not work in this situation.

I've searched for it, but there is no out of the box ready solution for this. I am afraid it will require custom coding and this is out of a scope that we can provide in this forum.

If you not familiar with PHP, please feel free to post a new job in the Jobs & Pros section https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ so a skillful developer can do this for you.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.