How can we have a page that is like the attached without the top option (only 1 month or 1 year with

Hey,

How can we have a page that is like the attached without the top option (only 1 month or 1 year with social login or traditional signup options)?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/PPV-login-buttons-735x470.jpg

How can we first capture the person's contact info (email etc) before they pay so they are a user in Wordpress (for future communication)? Or, is there a way to capture their email in WP with the first option at all?

When just did a test one-off payment (the top option) and I do not see their email. Is that only for the 1 month and 1 year payors? Is it possible to make all payors be a user in WP?

:slight_smile:

Thanks.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Greg! :slight_smile:

How can we have a page that is like the attached without the top option (only 1 month or 1 year with social login or traditional signup options)?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/PPV-login-buttons-735x470.jpg

Inside the dashboard for the subsite in question, you'll want to go to:

Pay Per View -> Pay Per View

And in the "Payment options" section, you'll want to uncheck the box for "One time view" there, and save the settings. That'll remove that option from the page. :slight_smile:

How can we first capture the person's contact info (email etc) before they pay so they are a user in Wordpress (for future communication)? Or, is there a way to capture their email in WP with the first option at all?

Are you planning to send a newsletter to these users? If so, is this a newsletter to be sent to every user on the network, or just the users signed up for a particular subsite on the network?

When just did a test one-off payment (the top option) and I do not see their email. Is that only for the 1 month and 1 year payors? Is it possible to make all payors be a user in WP?

The top option is designed to allow users to pay once to see a certain piece of content without being logged in, it relies on a cookie to store the information relating to how long the user is able to access the content.

Disabling this option (as mentioned in my first point), and leaving the other two options enabled, would force users to first have to register for an account on the site before being able to access the account. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Greg

@Michael Bissett

Inside the dashboard for the subsite in question, you'll want to go to:

Pay Per View -> Pay Per View

And in the "Payment options" section, you'll want to uncheck the box for "One time view" there, and save the settings. That'll remove that option from the page. :slight_smile:

Well, I would like to keep the option but just want one signup page that has only option 2 and 3 only (but still keep option 1 for all posts).

Are you planning to send a newsletter to these users? If so, is this a newsletter to be sent to every user on the network, or just the users signed up for a particular subsite on the network?

Yea. We would like to be able to followup with them via a newsletter or other means. It is for a particular subsite in this case (not networkwide).

Ok on your third point . . .

Let me know on the other two things.

:slight_smile:

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Greg,

Well, I would like to keep the option but just want one signup page that has only option 2 and 3 only (but still keep option 1 for all posts).

While I'd need to have a link to the page in question, CSS code like this could be used to hide the first option only:

.ppw_form_container > div:nth-of-type(1),
    .ppw_form_container > div:nth-of-type(2) {
        display: none;
    }

Yea. We would like to be able to followup with them via a newsletter or other means. It is for a particular subsite in this case (not networkwide).

In regards to that... since they would need to register for an account first in order to get either a one time pass or a subscription, you could try using a plugin like this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-for-wp/

Paired with this add-on:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-sync/

To sign up users for a MailChimp newsletter. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.