How can we register cash and checks payments with Appointments plugin?

Hi,
We have a pest control business. As you may know appointments/calendar/booking are a core part of our business. We installed Appointments plugin for better control regarding bookings.

It is very usual that we receive cash and checks payments when we perform the services.

After installing the plugin we just realized that there is no way to register check and/or cash payments. Maybe the function is already included but I couldn't find it and I will appreciate directions.

If not, can you please update the plugin to include this MUST-HAVE feature?

Thanks

• Hakan

Hi,

There are 2 ways to accept check/cash (which we call manual payment):

1) You can set Payment Required as No, Auto Confirm as No and confirm the appointment only when you receive the manual payment. Until you receive the payment, appointment will be staying in pending status. You can define a time limit to get the payment e.g. in 24 hours. If payment does not arrive within this period until the appointment, that time slot will be freed. Some parts of these settings are optional and you can choose depending on your business.

OR

2) You can integrate A+ with MarketPress and enable "Manual Payments" gateway of MarketPress in addition to the other gateways, e.g. PayPal.

In any case you may need to have a separate accounting system as A+ is not an accounting plugin itself.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• cbriere

Hi Hakan,

Thanks for the reply.

Your suggestion doesn't fit most of the REAL LIFE service businesses. Most plumbers, electricians, spas, repair techs, teachers, pest control professionals, etc., and any field service professional receive credit card payments, but its also very usual to receive cash and checks as well. These professionals need an Appointments application integrated into a very simple accounting module as well.

Kindly, let us know if you find a professional way to accept cash/checks also. There must be a way to cover this REAL need. I hope you can do it, please!

We appreciate your interest.
    Thanks again.

• Hakan

Hi,

Maybe I didn't explain it clearly. There is nothing preventing you to accept cash, credit card or check to confirm an appointment.

Your suggestion doesn't fit most of the REAL LIFE service businesses.

What doesn't fit exactly? Can you elaborate please? FYI, I am also in REAL LIFE service business.

A+ does not force you to use PayPal. You can let the client apply for the appointment, write directions on the page how to transfer money to your account. When you receive the payment you confirm the appointment or if you wish, you can automatically confirm it when he applies for the appointment. It is up to you. Please read item 1 once more.

If you believe that existing procedure does not fit to real life business please write item by item how the procedure should be.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• cbriere

Hi Hakan,

Thanks for the reply and for your interest.

The plugin is very interesting. What I suggest is add some kind of a simple accounting module so that we can register cash/checks payments in the site, on the go.

In our industry, it is quite common that people call and then we provide them with an appointment. With your plugin, there is a new (and I personally believe a better way) to schedule an appointment. People doesn't have to call to schedule the appointment, they just go online and we don't waste time talking on the phone to schedule the appointment!

In day to day, when people call a pest control technician, they don't expect to pay in advance because service costs will depend on the severity of the problem.

What I want the plugin do is schedule the appointment (which it does) and once we provide service, then we log in into the plugin to register the cash/check/cc payment. In that way we will have integrated clients, addresses, telephones, jobs done, invoices, payments, recurring events, etc.

Maybe the plugin already does what I am respectfully suggesting and I simply missed the point, in which case I apologize for wasting your time.

Again, thanks for your interest.
    Cheers

• Hakan

Hi,

You can manually edit each appointment record on the admin side. When you receive the check, you can add the details of it to the "Note" field. Now you have a simple record including user name, phone, appointment details, payment details, etc.

To combine those data to a desktop accounting system, you can use the CSV export utility of A+, e.g. once in a week, or to use an accounting plugin you can get use of existing hooks of A+ to transfer appointment data on the fly, i.e. when appointment is made.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.