How can we see all of our upcoming appointments, calendar view?

I have followed the instructions and created a password protected page to which I inserted some short codes but it will not display the information that we need. What we need is quite basic, a page that displays a list of our upcoming appointments and maybe even on a calendar. That way we can have one place where we can monitor our work.

Thank you.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

The shortcodes for the my appointments are as below

Shortcode:[app_my_appointments]
    Description: Inserts a table where client or service provider can see his upcoming appointments
    Parameters:
    provider: Enter 1 if this appointment list belongs to a service provider. Default: "0" (client)
    provider_id: Enter the user ID of the provider whose list will be displayed. If ommitted, current service provider will be displayed. Default: "0" (current service provider)
    title: Title text. Default: "My Appointments"
    status: Which status(es) will be included. Possible values: paid, confirmed, completed, pending, removed, reserved. Default: "paid, confirmed"
    gcal: Enter 0 to disable Google Calendar button by which clients can add appointments to their Google Calendar after booking the appointment. Default: "1" (enabled)
    order_by: Sort order of the appointments. Possible values: ID, start. Optionally DESC (descending) can be used, e.g. "start DESC" will reverse the order. Default: "ID". Note: This is the sort order as page loads. Table can be dynamically sorted by any field from front end (Some date formats may not be sorted correctly).

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• randush
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello, PC

I also found this
    "Create a private or password protected page and include the schedule shortcode like this: [app_monthly_schedule worker="1"]. Replace 1 with your user ID which is the same as worker/provider ID. You can also use app_schedule shortcode for a weekly planner instead, or you can use both. You may consider adding app_pagination and app_my_appointments shortcodes too."

But none of these solutions solve my problem, I just need a centralized place where the staff can look at ALL appointments made for today or the next working days. Having all that in a calendar would also be nice.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Did you try and use [app_my_appointments] shortcode ?

The best place for them to view the appointments is the backend.

http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=appointments

But as you want to view that in a calendar, you will need to use the below.

Shortcode:[app_my_appointments]
    Description: Inserts a table where client or service provider can see his upcoming appointments

Cheers, PC

• randush

If you read my questions you will see that I have already used that shortcode and others on a password protected page I created but the page still does not show the upcoming appointments, not in the list and not in the calendar. Let me explain again that what I need is one location (and not on the backend) where we can see all of our upcoming appointments, preferably with a calendar view as well. Very simple. Just so we can all see what we have to prepare for each morning and in the coming days. Again, we need to be able to see every service provider's upcoming appointments in one place.

Thank you.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Here is what you need to do.

Add a shortcode as : [app_my_appointments provider=1,62] to your page.

Now, 1 and 62 are the service provider ID's

Once they have a confirmed appointment they will be displayed on the page where you have put that short code.

A service provider will only be able to see his/her appointments and not of others.

They will be displayed as a list and not a calendar.

In my example. I have 2 service providers.

testingapp and wpmudevdemo and there are 2 confirmed appointments (Screenshot 1)

Now when I am logged in as wpmudevdemo (ID 1) I see my appointment (Screenshot 2)

And screenshot 3 for the other service provider.

And when I am not logged in, I will not see anything on that page. (Screenshot 4)

Does that help ?

• randush

Hello Pranaya,

For some reason I was not able to see the screenshots but I will take your word for it. I think the answer lies in the coma that allows adding multiple Service Provider ID's (you used 1, 62). I will try that with my 5 Service Providers. Your documentation is confusing as I found instances where you instruct to use worker, in some provider and in others provider_id. Also, some instructions show using "" after the = sign and some do not.

Please clarify this for me as I would like my list and weekly calendar view show the appointments of 5 Service Providers.

This is the shortcode I am trying to use:
    [app_my_appointments provider="10,11,13,14,15"]
    [app_schedule provider="10,11,13,14,15"]
    [app_pagination]

Thank you.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

It is not so straightforward to make this happen with the existing shortcodes at the moment.

In the next release there will be a new shortcode "app_all_appointments" which will display all appointments in list view, but not in calendar view.

Please wait for a few days.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• randush

Finished updating and adding the new short code right now.

Just a side note: before I started the update, app_my_appointments provider="10,11,13,14,15", showed my 1 appointment for this morning. Not sure if it would have shown multiple appointments if there were any.

Thank you.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

As stated by Hakan before

In the next release there will be a new shortcode "app_all_appointments" which will display all appointments in list view, but not in calendar view.

That is what the recent update is launched for. Did you try that out ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.