How can we send people to a separate "thank you" page after registering for a new account

Hey there,

How can we send people to a separate "thank you" page after registering for a new account with any method that does not result in them immediately going to checkout with Paypal or another method? For example, they may just register a account via a social login or by creating a account the standard way without actually using the PC /register "Signup" buttons OR even use a FREE "Signup" button that does not take them to checkout either.

I find it would be better to have a 2nd "thank you" page with a totally different message vs. the folks who have actually paid with Paypal or another method. It should then tell them how to confirm their FREE plan by going to /memberships first to select the plan after they create the account, how to take advantage of the FREE plan, and/or how to go to /memberships if they want to upgrade to a paid plan. This info should be totally different than than people who have paid:

[ms-note type="info"]Your request to join the membership was successfully received! The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status.[/ms-note]

. . . . plus other stuff I add on that page catered to people who have paid already and checked out.

I just think people get confused because of this disconnect some have because they have a two step process (but two different types):

1. Create a account/register>Immediately Subscribe/Pay via Paypal or other method>Then, get started with their benefits for the plan they have selected . . .

2. Create a account/register (for FREE plan or just to Register in general for now)>Be explained on a brief "2nd" and separate thank you page of what to do now (but it will redirect to the /memberships page in x seconds>Go to /memberships to confirm the FREE plan (so they are actually shown as a FREE member in the Protected Content system vs. just a regular "subscriber" in Wordpress otherwise they will not have access to the stuff FREE members need etc)>Then, get started with their benefits for the plan they have selected . . .

The above are two separate paths and should have two separate thank you pages.

The boil down to all this I guess is something like this logic (roughly):

If the visitor who just registered/created an account is NOT directed to a checkout page id that asks them to Subscribe and checkout (like a free plan would or a general registration just to create an account), then drop them into the alternative 2nd "thank you page" instead of the primary one. At that point, we explain their unique next steps/what to do and redirect them to /memberships to actually confirm their free plan etc.

How can I do that with a method that will not be erased with future updates? Also, could a 2nd "thank you" page be added as a option to PC itself someday to actually include logic like this or similar (so that there is a clear path and instructions for people to know what to do better . . . I find many get confused in the process because of this). We then end up on the phone or live chat explaining and helping some that need it.

:slight_smile:

Greg

• Tyler Postle

Hey Greg,

Hope you're doing well today!

You can make the content on the thank you page dynamic depending on their membership :slight_smile:

For example, if you have 3 paid membership levels then you can show them the message about the gateway processing by wrapped it in this shortcode:

[ms-protect-content id="1,2,3" access="yes" silent="yes"]
    [ms-note type="info"]Your request to join the membership was successfully received! The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status.[/ms-note]
    [/ms-protect-content]

Then for the free membership you can do this:

[ms-protect-content id="4" access="yes" silent="yes"]
    free membership content
    [/ms-protect-content]

You can also use the [ms-user] shortcode around your site that ignores membership level but lets you differentiate content for logged in users, guests, admins, and all users. You can find all the shortcode options via:

Protect Content > Help > Shortcodes.

Also, if you want a separate registration form that automatically assigns a membership level then you can use the registration shortcode like this:

[ms-membership-register-user member membership_id="4"]

I think this will help you change the content a lot easier depending on the user. Let me know if you still have questions on this, more than happy to help :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.