How come my data storage amount is not showing, even though I set the upload quota in Pro-Sites

I set the upload quota in my Pro-Sites settings to 5 GB, but in the media library on one of my subsites, it says there is zero of 5 GB being used. There are several hundred MB of photos up loaded, so it should show something, but it just says 0. Is there some other setting overriding this?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jon,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I could confirm this issue on your site and it seems this issue is related with the WP Engine hosting that you are using.

I tried disabling WP Engine cache on your site to resolve the issue but it didn't help.

This will certainly take a bit of trial and error to try to figure it out.

Therefore in an effort of expediency I will see if I can get the SLS developer in here with his valuable insight into this plugin for his advise for us regarding this issue.

I have notified the SLS developer and he will reply here ASAP.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @Jon

Sorry the response took a while longer than expected. Appreciate your patience

This looks like a sandboxing issue on the filesystem that does not let the PHP handler know the exact storage used.

Can you check with WPEngine if they are using anything on the site that can cause this ? Also can you post your version of PHP here?

Even when I create a new site, and upload files, it still shows "0.00 mb of 5,120 mb used."

This has nothing to do with the site itself, its controlled by the active PHP Handler

Cheers
    Jude

• Jon Dalrymple
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

WPEngine migrated the site to a different server with a newer version of PHP (5.5) for me. But the problem still persists. The storage amount sill shows there is zero mb of 5120 mb on the subsite. So the admin on the subsites have no idea of how much storage space they have left on their account in pro-sites.

WP Engine said they can definitely modify/input the PHP handlers on the install for me, but they are wondering if you could be more specific with which PHP handlers the plugin needs in order to work. That would be hugely beneficial, they said.

I would really like to get to the bottom of this, so any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Jon

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there John,

PHP 5.5 should work just fine, its strange that you should have this issue even with the latest handler. I may need to escalate this to the developer.

Just want to check something basic before doing so, in order both to display the disk usage and to have the quotas enforced through the Pro Sites plugin, you need to go to Network Settings and have the "Site upload space" box checked and a value in the form box.

Can you let me know if you have done this ?

If that does not work can you please give me access credentials to a testing site ?

Can you please send in

Subject: "Attn: Jude Rosario"
    - WordPress super admin/ admin username + password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel details
    - phpMyAdmin details ( To check database )
    - MySQL details ( IF you dont have phpmyadmin)

-link back to this thread for reference

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Jude

• Jon Dalrymple

Hello Jude,

Thank you for your reply.

I looked at the settings and the "Site upload space" box was checked, but there was only 100mb allocated. I increased that to 15GB, and then created a new test site, uploaded some images, and refreshed the page. But the quota still shows zero. :slight_frown:

I'll send you the access to the site.

Jon

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey Jon,

That's not what I was referring to, I did look in and can see a plugin that optimizes media files on your network. Although unlikely could you try a plugin conflict test as detailed here .

Also you need to send in the details via the contact form on this page

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Sorry I missed the link earlier, anyway here is a list of stuff we'll need so that we can identify the root cause.

Subject: "Attn: Jude Rosario"
    - WordPress super admin/ admin username + password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel details
    - phpMyAdmin details ( To check database )
    - MySQL details ( IF you dont have phpmyadmin)

-link back to this thread for reference

Hope that clarifies

Cheers
    Jude

• Jon Dalrymple

Hi Jude,
    Thanks for checking. WPEngine is still working on it.
    The last info I got from them said:

I've done some testing and found that the disk space is reported correctly on a default multisite install, so it seems like there might be a conflict here. We modified the disk space calculation process to add caching and other optimizations and I want to make sure I understand what's causing the issue.

Then a few days later they said:

I'm still working on tracking down this bug. The issue goes away when I remove our WP Engine plugin, but it also works on a default install. So it seems to be something within the install causing the issue.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Jon

• Jon Dalrymple

Hello Thaibaud,

I have asked WPengine several times about it. They told me it was a conflict with one of their required plugins and that they can fix it, but they have other more pressing things at the moment.

They keep saying it is not a priority issue since I am the only one asking for it. Maybe if we both keep asking they will address it.

I'll find out the ticket number and let you know.

Jon

• Jon Dalrymple

I just chose an amount and went with it. It didn't stop me from setting it up. Maybe the new version makes that restriction, but I didn't have a problem a few versions ago. I think the storage limitation is there, it just won't display on the screen.

• Jon Dalrymple

I chatted with a support tech at wpengine, and he said that opening another ticket would just confuse the issue. But he did say that he can put an internal note on the ticket to let them know that there are others who are asking about it. So maybe it would be good for you to contact wpengine tech support and ask them to put an internal note on the ticket request #413221.

• Thibaud
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

They deleted my ticket without responding, i've opened another one anyway because i need direct news from them.
    If the multisite upload quota doesn't work on wpengine they should not say multisite is supported, this is a crucial feature. If they don't fix it quickly i'll have to move to another host, expect that i was happy with them until now.
    To me the upload quota doesn't work at all, i've uploaded 100MB on a 25MB subsite limit, and so do my clients without any notice to upgrade.
    This is my ticket: #478737
    I cannot access yours Jon, they are private.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.