how do a take a snap shot

How do i take a snap shot of a problem or error to submit in the forums?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Greetings Mark

Hope you’re well :slight_smile:

There are various programs out there that you can use for screenshots. I personally prefer SnagIt. It is not a free program, but you can try it for free for 30 days. Just install, press the ‘Print Screen’ button on your keyboard and it will automatically open the SnagIt Editor, from where you can save the screenshot as a JPEG.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Gina

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi Mark! Hi Gina!

I have been using the ALT+PrintScreen for now. But plan on trying the Gina suggested once I get back to my desktop. I don’t put trial software or freebies on my LT. That link you posted is the same one I learned how to do it on lol. But the one Gina suggest seems more convenient, and I am about to start making training manuals for new employees. So convenient will prevail. Thanks to both of you. Have a Great weekend. :slight_smile:

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi @mtb1701

If you are using Firefox, there is an add-on called Awesome Screenshot that is super easy to use – and it’s free.

In Firefox, go to your add-ons screen, do a search for Awesome Screenshot and you should be able to find it.

Also, do a search for screenshot OR screen capture and you’ll several other tools you can use as well. I’m on the Beta version of FF, so it seems like my choices are limited, but Awesome Screenshot always seems to keep up with the current Beta release, so I keep using it.

If you have Windows 7, there is something called “Snipping Tool” that came with it. It’s very simple and works outside of your browser as well.

Regardless, your options are many.

Good luck and hope you find something you can use that works for you.

James Dunn

Athens, GA USA

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

JamesDunn That snipping tool is the answer. Tried it once and now it is pinned to my taskbar. Thank you very much. Sending you some rep points.

Hey there is a rumor up here in IL. That S.E. Georgians and N.W. Alabamians are matting; and they have created a new hybrid race of humans called the AlaGeorgian Snooki. Is it true??? lol

Thanks for the heads-up on the Snipping Tool. Stay cool down there.

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Good day @mtb1701

Thanks for the rep points – glad you got something that you could use out of this discussion. It’s funny, my daughter showed me the snipping tool one day about six months ago because her computer teacher at college told them about it. Guess that college education is going to pay off. LOL

Hadn’t heard about the AlaGeorgian Snooki – but then again, we’re more NE Georgia. :wink: No tellin’ what they do in SE Georgia.

Trying to stay cool – it’s finally getting below 100 during the day, and cooler days are forecast for this week. 4th of July was brutal with all the outdoor activities we had while doing the musical choreography for several fireworks shows. But, we sweated through it and had a great time.

Have a great Sunday.

James Dunn

Athens, GA USA

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hello @jamesdunn

Yeah it has been over 100 here for almost two weeks. Last night we had thunder and lightning but no rain. It’s been over 4 weeks since the last rain. As you know we are the Corn Belt, and Bread Basket of the world here. The framers say the pollination cycle starts this week and the corn is dying. Even the feed corn is getting wiped out, and it’s too late to plant a new crop. If you eat a lot meat you should go by a large meat order and put it in the deepfreeze.

Also the rep. points were well worth the find. Thanks again James.

• Ian
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Just adding my 2 cents as I’m surprised no one mentioned the free and awesome Jing software by TechSmith.

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

I use it all the time to quickly capture whatever part of the screen I want, can also add text, arrows, etc over top of image, or record a short video of your screen (great for quick video tutorials or to show someone your problem visually).

Plus it’s so easy to use. I hope you find it useful.

Cheers, Ian

• Ian
    • The Incredible Code Injector

You are welcome James.

Yep, plus you can host them free through their server, or ftp them to your own if you prefer. Each screen shot file name includes the time/date so you don’t save over any by accident, or can be renamed to whatever.

For a small price, i think $15 per year you can automatically upload the videos to YouTube too :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.