How do devs modify a theme to display a custom age-gate?

I'm working on a theme by Automattic called Dusk To Dawn. It has a static background image and white content layer.

I want to create a front page with two buttons, for over 18 and under 18 users, that allow the theme's background to show through; in other words, without the default white color body overlay.

Aside from that, if this is a new static front page, what inside page would I link to that will display posts the way a theme's default page does? Thanks!

• Tyler Postle

Hey grtgrfx,

Hope you're doing well today!

I want to create a front page with two buttons, for over 18 and under 18 users, that allow the theme's background to show through; in other words, without the default white color body overlay.

You could do this by adding some CSS that removes the white background :slight_smile: which should reveal the background behind it.

Another option is you could use our Popup Pro plugin and have the options show up as a Popup overtop of the site. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/

Aside from that, if this is a new static front page, what inside page would I link to that will display posts the way a theme's default page does? Thanks!

You can link to any page you like :slight_smile: most people just create a page called "blog" and link to that. It should still style is the same as your default blog.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

If you need any assistance styling the frontpage then provide a link to your site and we would be more than happy to help you out with that.

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.