How do dripped content with courses (coursepress) ?

Hi,

I would like to know how do dripped content with Protected content and the units or courses in Coursepress pro please ?

Maybe other ways to do it ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Boll

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @boll

I hope you're well today!

Can you please describe in a bit more detail what you are trying to set up?

Do you want to automatically enable access to different courses a certain time after a user registers, or between specific dates? Or do you want to limit access to certain units within courses to certain date ranges only? Or some other configuration?

A bit more information on your use-case will help us in figuring out if it can be done out-of-the-box, or if the project would require some custom integrations.

Thanks!

• boll
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi @Patrick,

thank you for your response.
    I would like that :
    when a user subscribe to a course, the first day he can access to unit 1,
    then X days after, he automaticly can access to unit 2 and so on...

The aim is that users access to units automaticly after few days.
    For example, each week a new unit is 'unblocked' and accessible.

As admin, I don't want to choose specific dates.
    Ideally, it is automatic, a unit per week or per month.

I have seen that Protected content can drip content, so I imagine that we can do the same with units of courses.

In other words, it would be great if I could use units as content dripped with Protected content.
    Or maybe by another way with an other plugin...

Thank you Patrick.

Regards

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @boll,

Hope you're doing well today.

If I understand correctly you want to have course open at all times and depending on when the users start the course week from that the second unit will become available?
    If this is the case it can't be done directly from CoursePress.
    You have an option to select date availability for each unit but it doesn't have option to activate it after X days.

As for the Protected Content, unfortunately Dripped membership currently only supports protection of default Pages and Posts. I did however notified plugin developer about this and we are considering adding support for other protection options in dripped membership in the future updates.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• boll
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi @Predrag Dubajic
    Exactly !
    I look forward to this feature !
    Thank you for your response.

And would there not another plugin that would allow this (=can support units), for example WPMU Membership plugin (or other) ?

Best regards !

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @boll

I hope you are well today.

It is kinda possible with the membership plugin. But there is no direct integration between these two plugins.

What you need to is to create levels for every single units. Then you have to create URL Groups for every single units and add that URL groups as positive rule in the corresponding levels.

Now, if you have 5 units, then you also need 5 URL groups and 5 levels. Then create a subscription plan and all 5 levels one by one with finite mode and the days should be 7 (or any number of days you want).

I have never tried in this way though, but theoretically it should be done in this way.

Cheers
    Ash

• Rogier
      • New Recruit

How can I create "levels for every single unit"? Or what do you mean by this.

Also, what do you mean by "URL groups"

Can't I just split up the units from one course into several courses and "drip" these?

In the membership 2 I don't see the courses, so I can't drip these because I can't select them.

• Ciaran
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm adding my comment here as it seems like the most relevant thread.

It's pretty important for my course to have protected content that is only available X days after signup. This will prevent students from racing through the course without completing the coursework.

Is there a feature request to add dripped content to Coursepress Pro? If so, I'd be happy to help vote that up.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Ciaran,

I hope you're well today!

Since last post here a lot has changed regarding Protected Content which is now Membership 2 Pro. The plugin has been completely rewritten and there's more features that better cooperate with other plugins.

However, there's still no tight integration with CoursePress Pro so unfortunately the previously mentioned solution would be the only way to go.

I do agree that the content dripping feature for CoursePress would be great so I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum. I think that the best solution here would be to add a "CoursePress integration" add-on to Membership 2 because, after all, this is the plugin that's designed to protect content (including dripping content) and a lot of members of our community use it along CoursePress.

That said, I hope that this idea will gain enough attention and support to be included as a feature in one of future Membership 2 releases.

If anyone of you - members of our community - wish to support it, please upvote!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Karissa,

We didn't have much requests for this so it hasn't been yet implemented due to other priorities in plugin to do list.

Currently only thing that can be done is using Membership 2 plugin as Ash mentioned above or doing a custom work on the plugin with a help of a developer.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Rogier,

Since there's already quite a few responses in this thread would you mind opening your own and linking this thread in there so we can deal with your questions in separate thread.

It also ensures the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.
    This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.