How do dummy service providers work?

I just installed Appointments+, and have run into a wall...
My issue lies in the fact that I am a sole proprietor providing the same services at two different locations. I work in one location (Farmington) on Monday and Wednesday, and the other (Kingfield) on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I read through many threads trying to figure out how to accommodate both locations, and think I can get around the issue by creating two sets of services differentiated by the town name preceding the service. I think if I can have provider 1 assigned to all services preceded by "Farmington" and a dummy provider assigned to all services preceded by "Kingfield" I'll be able to set different working hours for each provider. This will also serve to make the location very clear when the service is selected.

The current issue is that under the service provider tab, I have one service provider, #2. Where is service provider #1? I want #1 to be the real provider and #2 to be the dummy. I just can't wrap my brain around the dummy provider (it sounded so simple, but now I'M the one who feels like a dummy)

Open to any other suggestions! This is turning into a huge roadblock in the quest to make this site live. Thanks for any help...

• PC

Hello @Elizabeth

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums. Welcome to WPMU DEV

The current issue is that under the service provider tab, I have one service provider, #2. Where is service provider #1? I want #1 to be the real provider and #2 to be the dummy. I just can't wrap my brain around the dummy provider (it sounded so simple, but now I'M the one who feels like a dummy)

No worries it happens. The concept is pretty simple.

A dummy provider helps you pretend that you are multiple people providing the service but at the same time avoids booking you as the main provider twice on the same slot for different service if you set the time right.

So, you need to do the below :

Create main provider
    Create another user via WordPress>>Users
    Then create another service provider using that user and set that as Dummy (using the checkbox)
    Then you define the settings and work timings of both the service providers and assign locations as well.

Now, the most important thing is that in Appointments >> Settings >> General, you need to assign the dummies to one service provider so you need to select the main provider there.

Can you kindly follow that and see if that works fine afterwards ?

Please let me know if it doesn't and I will be around :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Elizabeth

OK, that seems simple. I'm just learning wordpress (I have a pro who I helped on my other website, and wanted to try to do the bulk of the work on this one), and not sure about what email to use for my "Kingfield Dummy" User. I haven't had to add a new user before. It says email is required, but won't let me have duplicate emails (I was trying to use my email again). Does it have to be a real email that I enter, or can I make something up that just follows an email-ish format. Also, does it matter what role is assigned to my dummy?
    The other thought I just had is: My webmistress is already a separate user, can I just use her as my dummy without creating a new user?
    Thanks so much for the quick response!

• PC

Does it have to be a real email that I enter, or can I make something up that just follows an email-ish format. Also, does it matter what role is assigned to my dummy?

It can be a fake email. Any booking emails would go to the admin the dummy is assigned to.

Also, does it matter what role is assigned to my dummy?

No

My webmistress is already a separate user, can I just use her as my dummy without creating a new user?

Yeah sure why not :slight_smile:

why is there only a #2 service provider listed? Where is #1?

Can you kindly provide me a screenshot of the same ?

Apologies for the delay in response as I was away for a couple of days due to some personal issues and could not reach to this thread earlier :slight_frown:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.