How Do Existing Members Connect To FB?

Team WPMU,

I'm looking to integrate FB into my existing network, a big part of that is FB Connect.

The options as they are seem a bit confusing, and I want to make sure I've got them straight.

As I see it, if FB Connect is activated, an option is placed in the Profile Settings to connect the account to FB. So, after we activate Ultimate FB, the older users, if they want to take advantage of that feature, should go to their Profiles and click that button.

Is that correct?

What happens if they come to the site and see the FB Connect button at the log in and click it? Will it find them in the network? Will it try to create a new member account for them? Or will it just fail and give an error warning of some kind?

Thanks,
Rob

• Sajid

Hi jetmac,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, existing users can also connect their Facebook profile with WordPress website and also can update/renew the Facebook identity.

To enable this feature go to Facebook Settings -> Facebook Connect and enable Allow Facebook identity renewal.

When you will enable this option your users will see a message and link to connect to FB on their profile page as seen in attached screenshot.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.