How do I access Nginx conf files as instructed by Defender and Hummingbird

I have just migrated a site to WPMU hosting.. but Defender and Hummingbird are asking me to configure server side settings which I’m not sure I have access to. I tried creating an SSH user and logging in to terminal but it has limited commands including DIR and CD :expressionless:

I also have the same demands from Hummingbird to enable Gzip commpression (shouldn’t this already be enabled on your hosting?)

The file Im asked to modify is: “/usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf”

• Sanowar Prince
    • Staff

Hi Jamin,

Hope you’re doing good today.

As our Hosting is a fully managed service so you won’t be able to access or modify Nginx config file by yourself. Instead you would have to request us to do that for you.

Nginx rules for Defender Pro and Hummingbird Pro would apply on a site automatically if it’s hosted on our Host. Even if those rules are automatically applied, those would keep showing as a general instruction.

All you need is to check if those rules are really applied on your site or not. If those rules are applied on your site, you would see something like the following screenshots.

If for some reason those rules don’t apply properly on your site then we would have to investigate on that issue. Also, our Hosting team could add those rules manually for you if needed.

In that case, please grant support access from WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin for your site and let us know by replying here so that we could give a closer look. Here are the steps to grant support access. https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Best regards,
    Sanowar

• Sanowar Prince
    • Staff

Hi Jamin,

I checked your site and found that Nginx rules for Defender Pro were applied already. I can see all issues are marked as Green.

Nginx rules for Hummingbird Pro Gzip compression were applied too and it was fully functional on back end but for some reason the status didn’t update on front end. I re-checked the Gzip compression status and now all are marked as Green.

To investigate on Smush Pro CDN issue, we would need a staging site and 2-3 page/post URLs where we could see the error. The following screenshot would help you to create a staging site on our Host.

After creating the staging site, please grant support access for that site too (same process as live site) and share 2-3 page/post URLs by replying here so that we could give a closer look.

Best regards,
    Sanowar

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.