How do I actually make my MarketPress shop visible in my website?

I can't figure out how to actually see my store in my site. Can't find a short code I should load into a page.

• EricGiauque

also, I'm having a hard time adding an image to my products.

the product I sell is t-shirts. I do want the customer to be able to choose a size, but I find it extremely tedious to have to hand-type 8 different sizes for every product I create. And THEN it seems to only allow me to put a unique picture for each and every size. This is way too much work for me. Can't I just enter the picture once for all sizes?????

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Eric,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

You already have ready to use pages in your site, though I can see that these are not assigned to your store. There are two ways of fixing this:

1. Assign existing store pages to the store

To do this, go to your dashboard's "Store settings -> Presentation" page, scroll down until "Store pages" and assign the "Store" page (instead of "Shop":wink: to a "Store base" option.

From what I can see all other pages are assigned properly.

2. Add this shortcodes to your "Shop" page:

Welcome to our online store! Feel free to browse around:

[mp_store_navigation]

Check out our most popular products:

[mp_popular_products]

Browse by category:

[mp_list_categories]

Browse by tag:

[mp_tag_cloud]

You can also use other shortcodes and there's a convenient tool for this. See screenshot below:

I do want the customer to be able to choose a size, but I find it extremely tedious to have to hand-type 8 different sizes for every product I create.

Currently this is not possible with MarketPress. I agree though that it would make a handy feature. I tested the "Post Duplicator" plugin that claims to be able to clone custom post types but I admit it didn't work with variations. Let me then please ask MarketPress developer about it and I'll let you know once I get a response.

Please keep an eye on this thread!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Milan

Hello EricGiauque,

I hope you are having a good day.

I just took a look at your site and it seems to me that everything is working the way it should, I was able to see your 2 published products on product page here,

https://yourdomain.com/store/products/

And store page is also rendering the way it should. I am not understating what seems wrong with that page to you ? It seems to me that "No Products" label on that page making you confused right ? Actually that label is coming from [mp_popular_products] shrotcode which renders those products only which has been sold more times than average other products. But as on your end there isn't any sale took place so that shortcode is not able to decide which product is popular among your customers. :slight_smile: Hope that makes sense ?

Now when you click on products link on store page, you will see that Marketpress system rendres 2 published products on products page ( Store Settings > Presentation > Store Pages > Product Page )

Is there anything I am missing, can you tell me what do you want to see in action on your site ? Something like step by step explanation will work for me too :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.