how do i ad this option to the social media floating sidebar

Hi,

How do i ad this share function to the floating social bar?

=> http://bit.ly/10qkhlA

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Rogier & Stijn

I hope you are well today.

You can add a custom share service by going to settings > floating social and scrolling down the options you will see a add new service part, is that the all share button you want to add? I've seen it before but can't remember what it is, if you could advise, I'd be happy to assist :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• nuxel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, I believe that button is from SHARETHIS am I wrong?

If I'm not wrong, I think I can help you, or at least I hope so.

First you have to go here http://sharethis.com/publishers/get-sharing-button

Then You pick Website as shown in the next pic
    WPMU_FLOATING_SOCIAL_01.jpg
    Then you click STEP 2, pick a style

Here you pick your prefered style, I would suggest one of the two with the arrows shown in this pic
    WPMU_FLOATING_SOCIAL_02.jpg
    Don't worry about your choice as you will get a preview
    Then Next STEP 3, Customize

Here you DESELECT every service except for ShareThis from the column shown in the next pic
    WPMU_FLOATING_SOCIAL_03.jpg
    CLICK on the green button at the bottom right (FINISH: Get the code) you can register or click on the top right (No Thanks, just give me the code) and you'll see this popup
    WPMU_FLOATING_SOCIAL_04.jpg
    Here you pick the one that you prefer, the multipost seems nice.

After you pick between multi and direct post you scroll down in the popup and you'll see this 2 pieces of code.
    WPMU_FLOATING_SOCIAL_05.jpg

I numbered the 2 of them so you'll see where the code goes in the next few pics.
    In YOUR dashboard, you go to SETTINGS -> FLOATING SOCIAL, then you srcoll down a little until you see this
    WPMU_FLOATING_SOCIAL_06.jpg
    Here goes the code 1 from the last pic, you give it a NAME and paste the code in the text box, next you CLICK on ADD and SAVE at the bottom.
    Here you can see your new SERVICE.
    WPMU_FLOATING_SOCIAL_07.jpg

After that in your DASHBOARD you go to APPEARANCE -> EDITOR and to the right in TEMPLATES you pick HEADER.PHP where you'll see something like this
    WPMU_FLOATING_SOCIAL_08.jpg
    Here you search for the </head> TAG and paste the CODE #2 before the TAG and SAVE or in this case click the UPDATE FILE button.

Finally you'll see something like this
    WPMU_FLOATING_SOCIAL_09.jpg

I hope you find this useful.
    Have a nice day...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.