How do i add a button on my navigation bar to link to my blog - all posts regardless of the category

You can view the site at http://www.synergeticwebdemo.com/holly/ I want the "Blog" button to go to a page with all blog posts, regardless of category.

Is it possible?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Jenny,

Normally you would do this by setting your homepage to the recent posts, but I can see this won't work based on your design This is possible by creating a custom page template however. There's an example of this on the Wordpress codex:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Page_Templates#Archives_with_Content

Where you see this part: wp_get_archives('type=monthly');

You could change that to wp_get_archives('type=postbypost'); in order to show all articles.

Also, this may not work perfectly depending on your theme. There might be additional HTML/CSS to work out.

Best regards

• Development Design
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi @Jenny!

If you create a regular page and label it "blog" or whatever you want to call it. Then go in to general settings on the left menu bar in the backed of wordpress, then "reading" you can set which page you want ALL OF YOUR BLOGS to appear on. Select the page that you created for all of your blogs to appear on (blogs page or whatever you labelled it)

Then add this page to the menu and you will have a menu button that takes you to a page that has all of your blogs on in.

.... Also in the "reading" page under general setting on the WP toolbar you can alter weather you would like snippets from the article on the All Blog Page or the full article on the complete list page.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Jenny!

If you create a regular page and label it "blog" or whatever you want to call it. Then go in to general settings on the left menu bar in the backed of wordpress, then "reading" you can set which page you want ALL OF YOUR BLOGS to appear on. Select the page that you created for all of your blogs to appear on (blogs page or whatever you labelled it)

Then add this page to the menu and you will have a menu button that takes you to a page that has all of your blogs on in.

.... Also in the "reading" page under general setting on the WP toolbar you can alter weather you would like snippets from the article on the All Blog Page or the full article on the complete list page.

@Dylan Elmgreen Thanks for this! Great answer. Points coming your way. I'm not sure how this slipped my mind earlier. Take care!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.