How do I add a custom market to my google maps plugin?

Can I add a custom marker to my google maps plugin?

• Patrick

Hi there @garrett

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Sure thing! When adding a map to your post via the modal, simply click the "Drop Marker" button to add a marker to the map. Then click 'n' drag the marker to where you want it. Save and insert your map.

You can also enable the "Featured image as map marker" addon so you can even use your own custom images for markers. Cool huh?

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Ash

Hi @garrett

Currently it supports only feature image marker. You can add featured image for custom post type. If your custom post type is 'spots' then use this:

add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array( 'sports');

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.