How do I add a form for name, email in the registration form?

Could you tell me what code to add to First Name, Last Name, Address Info, Email, etc. for people who register for my event? Brian Purkiss said users can register for an event without an account (see answer below) but I don't see how to add contact information for individual guests.

This is the reply I received from WPMU about this today.

"You have two options there.

You can allow users to register for an event without an account, or you can let users create a new account through your WordPress site, not Facebook.

• aecnu

Greetings ederotstein,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Could you tell me what code to add to First Name, Last Name, Address Info, Email, etc. for people who register for my event?

This would indeed be custom coding if it were applicable - but it is not applicable because they indeed need to create an account to register for an event or how would the event track their registration?

I know what you indicated Brian said, in any event the concept is incorrect.

I have indeed contacted the lead developer before putting my foot in my mouth to be absolutely sure and it did not make sense otherwise.

And I quote the lead developer: You do have to register for the site (i.e. be logged in) in order to RSVP to an event, there are social registration methods to make this process less painful and less like an actual registration, but the end result is the same - you get registered as a WP user on that site, logged in as this user and RSVPd to an event as that user

And it makes perfect sense to me, otherwise there is no way to track the RSVP.

So in the end you will indeed have minimum the members user name and email address and possibly the rest of the information from registration.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.