How do I add a group to Membership?

I have a customer that has 8 subscribers. We use PayPal. Anyone know of a way to do this? I believe PayPal will require 8 separate PayPal accounts which means I will need each employee to create a profile and that isn't going to happen. We have the order and I'm concerned I cannot fulfill with Membership/PayPal. Advice?

Michelle Shull

Hey there, schoolofbookkeeping! How are you?

Without individual paypal accounts, I'm not sure how this can work, but would you mind sharing a few more details about what the final setup should look like?

From what you have here, I think you've got a client with eight pre-existing members/subscribers. You want to bring them into a Membership site? Are they currently using another tool to manage subscriptions?

You can manually create accounts, that's no issue, we even have a plugin that lets you batch add users in groups, but the issue would be connecting a paypal account for future payments.

For now, since they've presumably already paid for a subscription until ndate, you could make the initial membership level free.

I think we might be able to pull this off with a little creative problem solving.

Michelle Shull

I'm afraid I'm still not entirely sure what you want to do, you need these eight subscribers to become paying members, but without memberships or payment details? Would the subscribers pay your customer directly? If that's the case, there's an option for manual payments.

Have you looked at Stripe as an alternative to PayPal? It's becoming increasingly popular, it's miles easier to use than PayPal as a dev/company/merchant, and it integrates with Protected Content, which miiiiight be worth a look, before you throw in the towel.

Thanks, schoolofbookkeeping!