How do I add a Logo

I’m new here and coming from the Drupal world. I built some WordPress sites back in the day before moving to Drupal so I have a little background but need to hone my skills

I installed a few different themes but under the theme not all of them seem to let you add a logo. Is the answer that I have to find a theme that allows for a logo or is there an easy way to add it to a theme?

Thanks.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Jeremy, it really depends on the theme/framework you’re using has it integrated into the header.php. With some you can add it via custom code, some will have a specific function to upload a logo and others will only have the generic Appearance > Header option where you can upload a custom header and include it as part of the header. Some themes may have the option of using text or a picture and use the Site Title / Tagline boxes in Settings > General dashboard menu as the text option, others may have it built in separately and only use those hooks for page title information. Hope this helps.

• gatherwell
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jeremy-

Welcome to the wordpress world! I’m relatively new here too and have also tried many themes. Generally if you search around the “Theme Options” there will be a place to easily customize the logo (eg under branding or header or similar). I believe (though I could be wrong) that all of the WPMU DEV themes have this option, though as Gabe said, it can depend by theme how it’s done.

Hope that’s a little bit helpful :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Cynthia

• Jeremy Paris
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Gabe and Cynthia,

Thank you for the amazingly quick response. I’m not used to this. I have become accustomed to posting a question, moving on to other dev and a few days (or weeks) later having someone help me out.

I will take a look at some of the other themes and see if one fits before diving into the custom code arena. I really want to just get my friend’s e-commerce store ported over from Drupal quickly and then over the next couple weeks I can do a deeper dive into the custom code and the guts of wordpress.

Thanks again. You have quickly reinforced my decision to migrate from Drupal.

Jeremy

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Goelji,

Thank you for the great question and though indeed most of them do, I cannot say that all of them do – saying all would certainly come back to haunt me.

Have a GREAT week and thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Jeremy Paris
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Joe. As I continue my journey of learning everything that I possibly can about WordPress, I’m sure that I will be posting quite frequently. The plugins look great, as do the themes, but the selling point for me was having the support when I inevitably get stuck trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.