How do I add a photo to my homepage?

Not in a post. On the actual page itself. I am exploring Mantra since I want a responsive site and Simple Market didn’t meet my color needs. I have figured out how to do seemingly more complicated things, but can’t figure out how to add a photo underneath the header, like they have in their demo. Thanks!

• Nancy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Vinod,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

My site is: http://www.namemynovel.com/

Their demo page is: http://demos.cryoutcreations.eu/wordpress/mantra/

I’m also wondering why it is showing up differently on my phone – the changes I have made recently do not seem to be “taking” there. Is that typical with a free site? Does it just take time? (I wrote a separate question about that so if I should just wait for that to be answered, I can. This process is definitely teaching me patience. :slight_smile:

With gratitude,

Nancy

• Nancy

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for your quick reply! I had to get offline for a while. I don’t know how to send a screenshot so I will send another link. I’m referring to the pics they have on their homepage. One long one across the top and then the smaller ones underneath. I just want the top one. Or is that what they refer to as “slides.” I tried that, but it didn’t show up on my page. Here’s the link:

Mantra

No rush on this. It’s computer curfew time for me lol. Thanks again!

• Nancy

Hi Vinod,

I guess I somehow managed to get that slider on there, and now I figured out how to inport a photo into it and increase the length of time it shows up. I guess I wanted to just put up a photo and not have it be an image that vanishes. I couldn’t figure out how to do that without using the presentation page. Is there a way to do that?

• Nancy

Also, it still shows up with their wording, which I can’t figure out how to get rid of. Like where it says, “This could be a title” etc. May be time for me to change themes but I will continue playing around with it, only because I like that I accidentally made the header and my background photo look like the side of a book and that is site-appropriate. :slight_smile: Thank you for your help Vinod!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.