How do i add a slider feature to the frammarket theme?

I wanted add a slider option on the sub sites with in the network. what is the suggested means of getting that done?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hello there, jafar!

It will depend on the slider you want to add, but typically, to add a slider to any theme means adding a line or two of code to the header.php file for the theme you're using.

Most sliders I've worked with will generate this code for you, and tell you where to paste it in your template file to position it how you'd like.

Hope this helps!

• min_us
    • The Bug Hunter

@Michelle Shull

Hi!!

I am in just exploring the option and working out a way to best integrate it into the themes for the merchants in the network. Do you have some options that you would recommend for the frammarket theme?

thanks,

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Jafar,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

You can pretty much use any slider plugin you want, it depends what on what functionality you want from it.
    If you want just some simple stuff you can try some sliders from wordpress.org, for example this one:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-slider-ssp/

Depending on the slider you choose and how you want to use it you can either modify header.php like Michelle said or you can use the shortcode and put it in your page content, if the plugin supports that option.

Note that if you decide to go with header.php modification option you will loose your changes after the theme update and will have to make the change again.

I suggest trying out few free sliders to see what suits needs.

Let us know if you need any more help.

Best regards,
    Philip

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.