How do I add an html page to my wordpress website

Hi, I have a wordpress websites and I also have an html site I did in dreamweaver. Here's what I want to do...

I want to create an html page in dreamweaver....

I know how to upload the page it up via ftp or control panel.

My question is this...
1- where in my site files do I upload it to?
2- after I upload it, what will the link to it be?
For example... lets say my site is called mysite.com and the uploaded file page name is called mypage

How do I know what the link is? Will it be mysite.com/mypage ? or something else, please advise, explain.

Thank you!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Emex,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

If you want it to be just a standalone html page then you can upload it to the root of your WordPress install. The same directory where your wp-config, .htaccess, wp-admin folder, wp-content folder, etc is :slight_smile:

If your page is called mypage.html and it is placed there then you can visit it by going to:

domain.com/mypage.html.

Hope that helps Emex. If you still need any further assistance with that let us know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Ariful Islam Shaon
    • Flash Drive

Hello Emex,

Thanks for your question!

Hoping you're already got some help from Tyler! If not then follow my steps below -

Have a look -

If you want to upload and see your file in a browser then you have to upload it to your theme folder - located in 'wp-content/themes' directory.

But, at first you should create a Page Template, standard but custom page that support WP (your page name should be then in '.php' extention) and then assign it to you normal page from dashboard - Pages > Add New > then select the Page Template from Page Attributes section and Update the current page you're working - see the attached image.

When you've this changes then visit you newly created page just by clicking View Page. Hoping that would work for you sure.

If you don't understand and don't know how to create a custom page template then have a look at this link: http://codex.wordpress.org/Page_Templates

If not, then ask with your queries!

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.