How do I add an image and description to the blog directory?

Hello All,
Idl like to have a blog image and description in the blog directory list.
Is that possible, and how?

Thanks for all you do.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Richard,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

If you check the "display description" option in the network admin > Settings > Site directory options then it will bring in the tagline of the sites into the directory :slight_smile:

You can fill that out however you like.

For the images you will need to also use our Avatars plugin and then set a blog avatar as seen in the avatars usage: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/avatars/#usage

Hope this helps Richard!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Blake

Hey Tyler,
    I am a bit confused. I have a multisite installation running buddypress on main site only. And I am trying to use the Blogs Directory to provide a directory to non members who won't have access to buddypress features (my only other directory). It seems as stated above that I need the avatar plug in to provide the photo for the page. But the avatar plugin says it is not compatible with buddypress. So then by default the Blogs Directory plugin is not fully compatible with buddypress and multisite installations. Correct?
    I am currently using this
    `$n_post = network_get_post();
    switch_to_blog($n_post->BLOG_ID);
    $html .= get_the_post_thumbnail( $n_post->ID, array( 400, 400 ) );
    restore_current_blog();
    $html .= $tmp_title_after;`
    to post photos in my Global Recent Posts plugin by inserting it in recent-posts.php file. This works really well. Is there something similar I could do to posts a photo next to each website. Thanks?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.