How do I add Captcha to my register form?

Hi WPMU DEV team!

Thank you so much for your quick and useful answers! Your support team is amazing!

I wanted to ask how can I protect my subscription form in Membership plugin? Can I add captcha? Can I set it up to approve new registrations?

And also - is it possible to set up a membership by donation?

And the last question - is "Protected Content" any different from "Membership"? I like to protect only a part of each post, which one of these plugins would be better for me?

Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day!
Renata

• Tyler Postle

Hey Renata,

Hope you're doing well today!

I wanted to ask how can I protect my subscription form in Membership plugin? Can I add captcha? Can I set it up to approve new registrations?

We actually had a community member sometime ago create a plugin exactly for that :slight_smile:

You can find the plugin from this post here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-captcha-new-plugin-release#post-326846

It's old but should still work just fine.

To force admin approval you can add this line to your wp-config.php file:

define('MEMBERSHIP_DEACTIVATE_USER_ON_REGISTRATION', true);

This will keep them deactivated until you manually activate the user.

Alternatively, you can use this plugin here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/new-user-approve/

And also - is it possible to set up a membership by donation?

This currently isn't possible; however, I can add it as a feature request for you :slight_smile:

And the last question - is "Protected Content" any different from "Membership"? I like to protect only a part of each post, which one of these plugins would be better for me?

Both plugins can do this :slight_smile: using the shortcodes.

They are similar and have a lot of similar features; however, Protected Content is newer and almost completely re-coded. There was a lot of features we weren't able to add to Membership that member wanted due to the foundation of the plugin. So, Protected Content is coded in a way that allows us to add in some of those features properly, like network wide site by site protection, which is coming soon!

Protected Content will get more updates; however, we will continue to support Membership as well because it has a ton of users that still love it :slight_smile:

Let us know if you need any further assistance here.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tigra

Thank you so much for your answer!

I decided to use your new "Protected Content" plugin and I love how easy it is to set it up and that backend interface is so much cleaner!

The only thing is that I don't know how to do is to fix the way subscription form looks. Right now it's spread all over the page and lines are so thin, I can barely see them. It's probably because of my theme css? How can I fix it?

I also decided to use a Clean Talk spam protection and I hope it will work. It's 8 dollars per year after 2 weeks trial. But If you can recommend something you WPMUDEV has or some free but good one, I would be very grateful!

And the last thing, can I somehow hide the price and the word "free" from subscription form of "Protected Content" plugin? I need it to be by donation, which I will take manually. But I don't want it to say "Free" or any price. Is it possible?

Thank you so much for your excellent support!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.