How do I add members manually?

How do I add a member manually? Currently it is not accepting a new add through edit members section. I am clicking "add subscription" and then I choose level and the screen flashes back to same prompt of to edit members. If I manually add a member will a monthly subscription be added automatically generated for the manual addition?

• Jayne

Yes that's what I was doing - it will not add a member name - only a level. (?)

I expect that the correct procedure is to add a new member as a user on wordpress site and then add them to a subscription level?

If so how can I create a way keep members out of the admin log and create their own spot to log in for members?

Last question - I would like to get email and info for members who are just visiting the site with no membership cost - could you offer a way to do that?

Thanks so much!

• Ash

Hi there

Thank you for your information :slight_smile:

I expect that the correct procedure is to add a new member as a user on wordpress site and then add them to a subscription level?

Exactly! You need to add a member from Users > Add new and add subscription to them.

If so how can I create a way keep members out of the admin log and create their own spot to log in for members?

You should have a registration page. You can create page from Membership > Settings > Membership pages. If you want to login from front end, you can use plugin like: http://wordpress.org/plugins/flexible-frontend-login/

I would like to get email and info for members who are just visiting the site with no membership cost - could you offer a way to do that?

This is not possible until they are logged in and this will need some custom coding. I will try to find out a coding solution for that.

Please let me know if it is helpful and feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.