How do I adjust affiliate commission for an individual product using Marketpress & Affiliates Pl

I have a primary service that costs $297. I would like to offer a flat $25 affiliate commission for that "product". There are also "Upsell" products which I offer a higher commission on (50%). They cost respectively $50, $100, $300 and the commissions would be $25, $50, and $150 for each.

Is that set-up possible with your plugins? Thank you.

• aecnu

Greetings adventurepaul,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• adventurepaul

Sounds great Joe. For now I'm going to see if there if there is an affiliate system that handles this for me out-of-the-box.

One other suggestion i wanted to mention since this ticket is moving to the Feature Suggestions Area.. I am selling a "Digital Service" - primary extra feature is optional Upsells on the checkout page.

This should almost be a separate commerce plugin as the needs of a Marketpress user and digital service provider are very different. There are no shopping carts -- just "click to adds" and a Buy Now button which should lead to the payment screen in my current process.

Right now I have a perfect system in place using Gravity Forms and PayPal. Only thing not "perfect" about it is that can't integrate Affiliates Plugin out-of-the-box with it. So now I have to re-evaluate my Gravity Form / PayPal plugin to include an affiliate manager. (I was trying to replace it with Marketpress, but the payment process becomes cumbersome and now I find out that I can't use my planned commission structure.)

These aren't necessarily complaints - I love your plugins. I'll sacrifice new features for existing ones to work stable and consistent (which they do). If I ever use Marketpress for actual products to sell, I'm sure I'll be very pleased. I just wanted to continue explaining what I was doing to better explain my suggestions and why I made them.

Thank you

PAUL

• aecnu

Greetings Paul,

Thank you for the great input which is absolutely appreciated and if it were me and I wanted to integrate this as you have clearly indicated, I woudl go with a non WordPress solution being the Ultimate Affiliates plugin which the way it works can be integrated into just about anything that you can get a piece of code on the thank you/post payment page.

Thanks again and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.