How do I allow 4 hour appointments to be set every 30 mins without overlapping

I am having issues setting up appointments+. The service that I want to offer is 240 minutes (4 hours) and only allows for appointments to be made every 240 minutes (4 hours). I would like to be able to schedule the appointments along 30 minute intervals. I want to have flexibility in my scheduling because my current hours are 8am-8pm and I can only schedule appointments at 8am 12pm and 4pm. I would like to be able to make 4 hour appointments at any point in the day within operating hours.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Dylan,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

You could use the break hours, to schedule 30 minute breaks, though these would have to be at specific times.

But another option is to set your appointment to 4 and a half hours and then use this code in your functions.php of your active theme.

function modify_duration_text( $text, $duration ) {
    return ($duration -30) . ' minutes';
    }
    add_filter('app_confirmation_lasts', 'modify_duration_text', 10, 2);

What this will do is everytime a appointment is booked it will still only show the appointment length of four hours to the client, but it'll actually book 4 and a half hours of time.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Dylan

I think you miss understand my problerm. I would like to be able to have the customers schedule 4 hour appointments at the following times:
    8:00am
    8:30am
    9:00am
    9:30am
    10:00am
    10:30am
    11:00am
    11:30am
    12:00pm
    12:30pm
    1:00pm
    1:30pm
    2:00pm
    2:30pm
    3:00pm
    3:30pm
    4:00pm

As it currently stands I am only able to schedule appointments at 8:00am, 12:00pm, and 4:00pm because my appointments are grouped in 4 hour blocks. I would like these blocks to be able to be scheduled at 30 minute intervals (without overlapping). How would I go about doing this? Should I make a bunch of dummy profiles with different working hours and set the capacity of the service to 1? I could also set the appointment lengths to 30 minutes and manually edit them to be 4 hours later but that would defeat the entire point of my purchasing appointments+. I didn't want to have to manually adjust anything and wanted everything to sync with google calendar.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Dylan,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for misunderstanding if any.

You can achieve this by activating Durations Appointments + add-on from the following path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> Add-ons

Then make sure to set the option "Time base (minutes)" to 30 and "Time slot calculus method" option to "Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)" on the following path as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Time Settings

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.