How do I allow email notifications when people submit

I have another question concerning posting a job on the plugin.
I have just posted a job but then I have some issues:

1. http://awesomescreenshot.com/03e3rrfi8a
2. When I use the [jbp-job-single-page] plugin, I notice that it asks for an id wont the ID automatically generate based on the job and more specifically what is it for?
3. Is it possible that when a job is published, the people who meet the certain criteria are then alerted by email about the job?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Tim, I hope you're well today!

1 - 2: Could you please grant us access to your backend so that we may see exactly what is happening?
    To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the "Grant access" button.

Please note that you must have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed on your site to complete the above process.

3: I'm afraid this is not currently possible from the plugin... How exactly would you imagine this working? Could you provide some details about the implementation you're looking for? What fields would trigger this?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Tim
    • Flash Drive

Hi there mate,

I have indeed granted access a while ago, my site is http://www.fanbytes.co.uk

3. I imagine this working in a pretty cool way. I am modifying the plugin so that the jobs are posted by brands and the experts are Youtube vloggers who I work with. Wen the brand posts something which matches their skills (or in this case their vertical, being gaming, fashion or whatever it may be), then the YouTuber will get an email which says something like "hey, there is an opportunity for you, head on here to find it out" Then they will click through to the job

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Tim,

Hope you're doing well today!

1. You can get rid of that share box by adding this code to your custom CSS file:

.single-jbp_job .share-box {
        display: none;
    }

This will get rid of it only on the single job pages :slight_smile:

If you don't have a custom CSS field then you can use this plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

2. The single page job shortcode is for if you want to place a specific job inside a post or page somewhere. So, you can easily pull in it's information.

3. Thanks for your feedback on this one :slight_smile: very cool idea! I will mark this as a feature request so the developer is notified.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions here Tim!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tim
    • Flash Drive

Ok, that helps but then suppose I then wanted to specify a url for the button , lets say I wanted it to go into google.

How do I do that? Is it :
    [jbp-job-browse-btn url:"www.google.com"]

Trying to get my head around this.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Tim,

Hope you're doing well today!

You're right, just change the colon to an equal sign. You would use it like this:

[jbp-job-browse-btn url="www.google.com"]

You can also define the text on the button as well, so you could do this:

[jbp-job-browse-btn url="www.google.com" text="Go to Google"]

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.