How do I allow subscribers to post reviews in Directory?

I want subscribers to be able to leave reviews of the listings in my directory. How do I enable reviews to be made?

So far, I can't leave a review as an administrator or as a subscriber, but I haven't been able to find anything that enables reviews.

Thank you for your help.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Reviews are just comments in WordPress.

If you have a plugin disabling comments or your theme somehow disables them totally then you won't be able to comment/review.

Please check your comment settings.

Admin --> Settings --> Discussion

Which theme are you using?

Take care.

• joseph_gallegos
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Timothy,
    Thanks for your response. I checked my discussion settings as you told me to, and they're set to allow for comments.

I'm using WPMU Dev's Business theme, and that seems to be causing the problem. I installed Directory onto a test page without a theme, and I was able to post comments on listings without an issue.

I guess my next question is how do I alter the Business theme to allow comments?

Thanks again for your help!

-Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

hmmm, it seems that theme doesn't include comments on page files, which isn't unusual for themes but still annoying as some plugins like this one goes through the page file.

To resolve this open up:

/bp-business/page.php

And then around line 28, just above this:

</div>
    <?php get_sidebar('page'); ?>

Paste this:

<?php comments_template(); ?>

So then it will look like this:

<?php comments_template(); ?>
    </div>
    <?php get_sidebar('page'); ?>

That will get the comments within those pages.

We could put in some logic here as well, so we only add comments for the directory page, like:

if ( get_post_type() == "directory_listing" ){
    comments_template();
    }

So this then says if it's the directory listing page then we can use comments else we won't.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.