How do I backup individual blogs for my users on my

How do I backup individual blogs for my users on my multisite (I'm using Pro Site)? I notice that the individual users don't see the Snapshot plugin in their blog admin, only me as administrator.

Must I set up a snapshot schedule for every blog on my network? That would get overwhelming in time.

Is there a way the individual blog user can admin their own backups?

I'm just seeking the best way to allow users to be backed up. Of for users to know they are backed up.

Thanks,
Dan

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Dan,

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

That's correct, originally snapshot did work on a per blog basis, where the sub site admin could backup their own blog,

But it was streamlined into being for the network admin, as this way the backups are smaller and it's easier to manage (technically), rather than relying on a sub site admin to do it if they forget :slight_smile:

So in this case, I'm afraid you can only use it from the network admin, so you'd need to set a snapshot for each blog.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Dan Hollings
    • Flash Drive

Wow really? I wouldn't call that streamlining. That's called adding more work. My multisite users will expect their blogs to be backed-up regularly - I think you're saying I'd have to do that for them if relying on Snapshot? I do not want to be responsible for setting up 300 snapshots. I'd say if someone forgets or does not do a backup, then at least they can blame themselves.

Well anyway. Any ideas on how to provide backup for member blogs on my multisite network? Either an automated way to say everything across the network, or a way to offer backup to the individual users - self administered?

Really appreciate any help or suggestions.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Dan Hollings

Wow really? I wouldn't call that streamlining. That's called adding more work.

The reasoning seemed sound at the time. Jack is correct the initial version of Snapshot showed on each individual blog. But the super admin would need to go into each site to setup the backup.. So they demanded the interface be more centralized on Multisite.

The other thing was many network admins really didn't want the blog owners to have the ability to self-migrate their own site. So again they didn't want Snapshot showing on each site.

At least is the reasoning behind the change.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.