How do I best extend wordpress plugins? (specifically, Events +)

I am new to the Wordpress world, and was wondering if there is a community-preferred way of extending a plugin. Most are not in a git repo for forking, and very often the code is not structured in a way for overriding at the method level. Also the hooks are often insufficient. It horrifies me to actually edit a 3rd-party library, without a way of moving changes downstream. Is this just something I should get used to?

Thanks!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @Loren Vandegrift,

Many plugins have hooks, some don't though.

Events+ does have a lot of hooks, but we don't currently have any documentation on the code side for extending them yourself. You are of course free to download and take a look. If you have any specific questions for a particular hook or function, then just let us know and we'll try & answer, or ask the developer for some info if we can't find them ourselves.

Events+ does have a plugins/add ons section where you could create and add extra features.

You can find these in the events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/ folder, so you could take a look at some of those to get a feel of how they integrate with the plugin.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.