How do I bypass the Tablet format?

I only want formats for Default and Phone. How can I switch off the Tablet format so that on a tablet the default format shows (so it looks the same as it would on a laptop or desktop computer)? - Thanks.

• Nastia

Hello @Sherry, I hope you are well today!

Thank you for your question!

To bypass the Tablet view, there is no automatic solution. To do this you will have to edit the CSS code and this will require a lot of custom coding. If you not comfortable with CSS code, please feel free to post a job in Jobs & Pros forum, so a skillful developer can do this for you.

The easiest solution is to adjust the website in tablet view, to look like in desktop view.

Let us know if you require any further assistance!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Sherry

Hi Nastia,

The problem with adjusting in Tablet view is that the tablet view is vertical and I don't know a single person who uses their tablet holding it vertically. There really should be an option to not use the Tablet view and have the Tablet view simply pick up the default view.

I think I'm well versed enough in CSS to deal with it myself, but where do I go to make those adjustments, in Theme Editor>Styles CSS I assume, or is there a better place do it where the changes will remain after the theme gets an update? Will it be clear what CSS applies to the tablet view?

Thanks,
    Sherry

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Sherry, Michael here!

On further investigation, while I noticed that the Tablet view does get disabled, it ends up falling back to the Mobile view when the screen size gets small enough, that was something I had missed earlier. :disappointed:

While I hold a different opinion about this:

The problem with adjusting in Tablet view is that the tablet view is vertical and I don't know a single person who uses their tablet holding it vertically.

To answer this question of yours:

I think I'm well versed enough in CSS to deal with it myself, but where do I go to make those adjustments, in Theme Editor>Styles CSS I assume

Actually, this can be done from within the Upfront editor. :slight_smile:

While inside of the Tablet view for Responsive mode, you'd want to click on the "add custom css styles" link on the left sidebar. The CSS changes made in this view would only be applied to Tablets, the Mobile & Desktop views would be unaffected.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.