How do I change default post font size?

Hi-

I'm trying to make the default post and page paragraph font bigger. I've looked through all the settings and can't seem to find a place to do this. Am I just missing it? Do I need to do so in appearance >editor under a specific template or stylesheet? If so, which one and how?

Thanks and hope that you are having a great holiday season!

• gatherwell
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Brian-

Thanks for your response! I'm not familiar with CSS, and actually haven't made the change because I've been trying to read up. On the immediate question it would be helpful to know which file to look it to make the change, and in general would appreciate your recommendation of the best resources on CSS.

Thanks!
    Cynthia

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya,
    Greetings of the day.
    I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.
    Are you still seeking support on this one or managed to get it resolved ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same
    Thanks for being a great community member !
    Cheers
    Tom

• Jeremy Paris
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@gatherwell, I'm still learning myself. Two great resources are:
    1. Codecademy.com. Free training classes on html, CSS, JavaScript, etc.
    2. Chris Coyier has a video-podcast called CSS-tricks. More specifically, episodes 71, 72, and 73 are a three part series where he designs a site from scratch in PhotoShop (I use gimp instead), then converts that to html and css, and finally converts that to a WordPress theme.

Hope that helps.
    Jeremy

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

Jeremy provided some good resources.

My favorite place to learn some basic web development would be Team Treehouse. They have a bunch of fantastic resources.

Changing the font size would be as simple as finding the ID or Class that contains the text area you're looking to change and writing a style along the lines of the following:

.some-class { font-size: 48px; }

I hope that helps.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you're well.

Just following up on some threads here and noted that we've not heard from you in a while.

If you're still looking for some assistance on this thread then please by all means reopen it or create a fresh thread for any new questions.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.