How do I change the caption settings on slideshow images?

How do I change the caption settings on slideshow images? I would like the image to go somewhat transparent and have the caption text centered on the image.

Then when the image is clicked and the full size image pops up, how can I customize that? I attached a screenshot of how I want it to look so if you could point me to where I can customize it, that would be great.

• Milan

Hello @Gwindylyn,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

What I understand is that you are using Slider element and want to customize popup? But in that case it will be very complex task. You'll require to do lot of custom coding for this, and for that I suggest you visit our Job Portal once.

Having that said you can configure little tweaks of css of popup but only if you are using gallery element ?

Can you clarify which element you are using to create slide show ? My first guess is slider element right ?

Please advise.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan

Hello @Gwindylyn,

I hope you are having a good day and really sorry for being late here.

Thanks for clarifying context of element.

Now Let me go bit by bit to answer all of your questions. :slight_smile:

When image clicked you want to open it in customized popup rather than default which is provided by theme

Currently this is not possible without doing custom coding, so for this implementation you'll need to hire developer or issue new job request on our job portal where our valuable developer will try to do this customization for you. Please visit our Job Portal over here issue new thread request.

I know you've asked to provide you direction through which you can customize gallery element. So here are those files which you can study to know how gallery element is functioning. One more thing I suggest you do not edit these core files until you know what you are doing.

Folder in which you'll find all the files which used to render and customize gallery elementwp-content/themes/upfront/elements/upfront-gallery. Furthermore you can study /elements/upfront-gallery/js/ugallery-front.js

So as you can't actually customize popup, you've requested these features only be fulfilled by custom coding,

#) Side bar for project title and text,
    #) Ability for people to click a link to take theme to a page specifically about this particular project.
    #) Call to action for contacting us.

How to customize background color of popup, ( Grey in this case :slight_smile: )

You can use this css selector to target gallery popups container.

.glb-content-container{
        background-color: grey !important;
    }

Use this nice plugin to mange css snippets like above ones,
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Ability to scroll through images by clicking arrows and using arrow keys

This feature is provide by default. Once you setup gallery element which link to larger images( popup ), You'll see arrows for next and previous navigation. I've attached screenshot for your confirmation. I've also confirmed that arrow keys are also working for navigation.

I hope these answers clarify your concern and let me know if it don't :slight_smile:

Again I am really sorry for being late here. I truly appreciate your patient.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.